Have you ever mentally questioned?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Addie

Chef Extraordinaire
Have you ever mentally questioned your doctor's judgement or requesting some what you consider an unnecessary test? Well, here is a site you can go to find out if there has ever been any thing on his record that the medical board in your state or any other, has put him/her on probation for. Or even removed his right to practice medicine.

docinfo.org

This site is run by the "Federation of State Medical Boards.

Many times. In fact, I verbally question my doctor every time she wants to have some test done. Why do I need this test?

I also price shop the tests and imaging? If I find a provider that takes my insurance, and costs less than the provider she refers me to, I call her office and tell them to change the referral. That can be a lot of money. A cat-scan can run anywhere form $6,000 to $200 in copay, depending on the provider. Hospitals charge the $6,000.

In a "for profit" health care system, you have to be a "consumer" of health care services, or the providers will empty your wallet.

Some doctors can't handle that. Mine has gotten used to it with me.

CD

I keep reading this as "have you ever been mentally questioned?"

Of course I have.

I once called Taylor Ham pork roll, and had to go into outpatient therapy in North Jersey for 2 weeks.

*sigh* I didn't have to question one of my doctors. The newspaper did it for me. I went in for an appointment and was more or less shoved back out the door. The next week, his picture is in the paper because he was arrested for sexually harassing a patient.

Maybe he thought I was trying to set him up but whatever, he couldn't see the backside of me fast enough. I don't know whether to be relieved or insulted.

Does anyone remember that news story several years ago about the GE who used dirty needles and contaminated anesthesia bottles? It was quite a big story; it went national. Dr. Desai.

Guess who performed my husband’s colonoscopy!

I keep reading this as "have you ever been mentally questioned?"

Of course I have.

I question your mental health on a regular basis. I'd still like to meet you for a meal when I'm in NYC, but I'm thinking we should meet somewhere in separate cars... and I shouldn't tell you where I'm staying... or my real name.

CD

*sigh* I didn't have to question one of my doctors. The newspaper did it for me. I went in for an appointment and was more or less shoved back out the door. The next week, his picture is in the paper because he was arrested for sexually harassing a patient.

Maybe he thought I was trying to set him up but whatever, he couldn't see the backside of me fast enough. I don't know whether to be relieved or insulted.

I can't for the life of me, understand why would a doctor, who after all the schooling and expense to reach where he is at, risk everything? Was that his sole purpose in wanting to become a doctor? Do female doctors sexually harass their male patients?

Thank heavens, women are now beginning to speak out.

Back
Top Bottom