"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-17-2012, 09:42 AM   #11
Everymom

When someone as gentle and kind as you finally blows it is going to be epic. Go momma Munky, I'm sure you were nicer than she would have been in similar circumstances. Some people are just a waste of skin and air, sounds like she is one of them. I'm sorry she made your heartache worse though.

Big hugs to you sweet lady, I'm around if you need to vent too. Scrape that mess off your shoe and move along. Your brother is cheering right now, you said all the things he probably wanted to and never did.

Old 05-17-2012, 10:00 AM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

Oh Munky, I'm so sorry this happened. The last thing you needed was a demon to give you more grief. Some people can be so stupid and pushy this is the last thing you need. Honey, do no let her or the children in your home. Refuse to talk with her again. All she will do is yell at you. If need be I'd have my phone number changed Mine has a feature that lets me see sho is calling. I just let the message pick up then hit delete. I'd refuse to let her rattle my cage. You were speaking for your baby brother and I'll bet he is smiling and laughing over the way you gave her what for!!!Good for you girl. You make me so proud. Just don't let her get you to that state again. You don't need that crap for her or anyone. You are sweet and nice and a pleasure to be with You are not what she made you be. So look in the mirror and smile you are the special person I met at Phil's. Love you,
cj

Old 05-17-2012, 08:43 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Like I have always told my children, "You can't argue with someone who won't argue back." By putting the phone down and walking away, it is more frustating to the other person. And it saves your own sanity.

My phone after four rings goes to my fax machine. That high pitched beep can be very annoying. I look at the number before I answer it. If I don't recognize it, or if I do and don't want to talk to the person, I let the phone go to the fax machine. I figure it is my phone and I am the one who pays the bill. If I don't want to talk to someone on the phone I pay the bill for, I don't have to.

One of the nice things about old age, you become very selfish and into yourself.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:42 AM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Like I have always told my children, "You can't argue with someone who won't argue back." By putting the phone down and walking away, it is more frustating to the other person. And it saves your own sanity.

My phone after four rings goes to my fax machine. That high pitched beep can be very annoying. I look at the number before I answer it. If I don't recognize it, or if I do and don't want to talk to the person, I let the phone go to the fax machine. I figure it is my phone and I am the one who pays the bill. If I don't want to talk to someone on the phone I pay the bill for, I don't have to.

One of the nice things about old age, you become very selfish and into yourself.
And about time too. After so many years of trying to keep other people happy, I only have to concentrate on my happiness and comfort. It is so nice for a change.

I also don't have to answer my door either. My door, my choice.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 01:38 PM   #15
Honey Badger

Thank you everyone for the support. I honestly do appreciate the help.

That woman will never try again to manipulate me. But she's just stupid anyways, and if she does try it again, I'll slap a harassment lawsuit on her so fast it will make her head spin. We do have stalking laws that are enforced in this state.

She tried before to tell me " Well um, I have a Deputy Sherriff that's a good friend of mine, ( she was trying to intimidate me) I flat out cut her off at that. "I don't care who your supposed friends are. He's most likely a Trekkie that's an alcoholic! "Anything else? Honey, you don't know who your talking to. I'm not your ex husband. Got that?"

I have a feeling that when I checked out, things that I said scared the living life out of her. The land comment and one other that I can't remember saying was something that only a wife and husband would know about. I had no way of knowing any of it. It was her actions and hers alone that set him off that fateful morning.

My oldest sister now knows what happened. She's made arrangements that visiting hours are now cut off.

On the bright side of all this. I'm the one who should be thankful that my Brother used me as a tool. Yes a tool!
I was the only one who could get the job done. Nut job had no other ways of contacting our other siblings. They turned their backs on him. I was on her radar, he knew it. Wasn't going to let that happen.

I'm doing alright. Still extremely tired, who wouldn't be after all that. I'll be around, even if it's just a fly by visit in the Mother ship.

All the best. Thank you all again.

Munky.