Hawaii WON!!!! Hawaii WON!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wasabi

Executive Chef
We are now World Little League Champs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Curacao played a terrific game. Well done boys!

Last edited:
WOOHOO!!!

The guys, coaches and parents should be so proud!!!
I know I'm proud of them for being representative of the USA!!!! CONGRADULATIONS EWA BEACH BOYS !!!!!

The boys not only represented Hawaii, they made the USA champs. It's nice to have the honor back in the USA.
28.gif

OK, here's one. I'd swear when I saw the end of the finals that the announcer said that it was the first time Hawaii won. I'd swear that Pearl City won a decade or so ago. Did or didn't they?

Claire, Pearl City did win the US champ. 10 years ago but lost to Taiwan 10-0 for the world champ. The big parade for the boys will be on Monday.

I have a big, warm, mushy spot in my heart for Hawaii, living there off & on for ten years, and still have friends there. Definitely congratulations. I'm glad to know my memory isn't THAT bad, just a little "off"! I don't really follow the little league play-offs, just caught the end of the last game, and, yes, hubby and I whooped it up a bit!

One time my husband had to have what is called a "bring up" for his security clearance. A man came to our home in Virginia, and took Jerry aside, and asked him why he'd said he owned no foreign property. "Because I don't." But it says here you own a townhouse in Hawaii. "I do." But you say you own no foreign property. "I don't." They did this circuit a few times, and hubby finally got tired of baiting the poor idiot, and said, "You DO know that Hawaii became a state in 195- (sorry, don't remember the year myself! I want to say the year I was born, '55), don't you?" Of course he back-peddled and .... But hubby had him going for hours before he caught him. BTW, people in New Mexico have the same problem sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom