"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 09-01-2008, 11:46 AM   #11
Executive Chef

Goodweed I apologize for not knowing about your wife. AS much as I am on this site complaining about my minute problems and to read about your wife, truly makes me ashamed. I am praying that her recovery will come quickly. Grateful she has a husband who cares and wants her to be feeling well. Having the love you two share is most important. I have seen and experienced that when love exists at a critical time, things just turn out the right way.

Please extend to her my hope for a speedy recovery. Thanks Goodweed for update and once again sorry for the oversight on my part.

(Here I am wondering what kind of makeup mirror to use and your wife going through serious time. Talk about inconsiderate. I am sure sorry)

Old 09-01-2008, 12:01 PM   #12
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by In the Kitchen View Post
Goodweed I apologize for not knowing about your wife. AS much as I am on this site complaining about my minute problems and to read about your wife, truly makes me ashamed. I am praying that her recovery will come quickly. Grateful she has a husband who cares and wants her to be feeling well. Having the love you two share is most important. I have seen and experienced that when love exists at a critical time, things just turn out the right way.

Please extend to her my hope for a speedy recovery. Thanks Goodweed for update and once again sorry for the oversight on my part.

(Here I am wondering what kind of makeup mirror to use and your wife going through serious time. Talk about inconsiderate. I am sure sorry)
No need to apologize. I didn't advertize that she had physical problems, as we have strong support through our church, family, and each other. We generally keep our ailments to ourselves. Btu she could jsut use a few extra prayers right now. She is healing well, and I thank all of you for your support and love.

Life will go on, and hopefully, better than in the past. Again, there was no oversight. None of us are mid readers, and certainly can't know about something if no one has given us any info on the issue.

Besides, we (I) are barbecuing a turkey for today and having the kids over for a meal. That always cheers us all up. Maybe we'll get a small bon-fire going in the back yard tonight, and roast some marshmallows, make some s'mores.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 12:04 PM   #13
Master Chef

Wow GW..... I had no idea that was going on. I am pleased that all is going well and pray for continued improvement.
Old 09-01-2008, 01:47 PM   #14
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodweed of the North View Post
No need to apologize. I didn't advertize that she had physical problems, as we have strong support through our church, family, and each other. We generally keep our ailments to ourselves. Btu she could jsut use a few extra prayers right now. She is healing well, and I thank all of you for your support and love.

Life will go on, and hopefully, better than in the past. Again, there was no oversight. None of us are mid readers, and certainly can't know about something if no one has given us any info on the issue.

Besides, we (I) are barbecuing a turkey for today and having the kids over for a meal. That always cheers us all up. Maybe we'll get a small bon-fire going in the back yard tonight, and roast some marshmallows, make some s'mores.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North
Goodweed, thanks for your response. Your last paragraph really touched me, hard. This is something that was once prevalent in my own family and certainly miss it. You sure know what matters most at time like this. Sounds very uplifting to have plans with the family. What more could you want? So true that family relationships are what hold them together. When one needs attention, the others support them. Beautiful! I have always felt your family is everything you put in to it. Can't commend you enough.

Be strong and know that you and family are in my prayers. Keep in touch.
And thanks for your time.
Old 09-01-2008, 05:06 PM   #15
Master Chef

Oh, you bet you have my prayers there, GW!! It sounds like she's already doing better and I pray it continues to get better everyday!!
Old 09-01-2008, 05:13 PM   #16
Sous Chef

It must be a great relief for you both GW, good news indeed.
Old 09-01-2008, 05:56 PM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire

please tell your wife that babe says "be well". you are a good guy.

babe
Old 09-01-2008, 06:06 PM   #18
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Michelemarie
GW, prayers coming your way - I hope your wife can finally enjoy some of the daily things we take for granted. Bless you!
Old 09-01-2008, 06:16 PM   #19
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
Sending my prayers for a speedy recovery, which it sounds like she's well on her way !!
Old 09-01-2008, 10:38 PM   #20
Sous Chef

Prayers are on the way to you, for a full and speedy recovery!!