Health shock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

di reston

Sous Chef
I hope you don't mind me posting this. I consider you all as friends to whom I can turn.

I've been having medicals prior to having an operation to remove a very large bunion which is very painful. I went to the clinic this morning for tests, including an electrocardiogram. They've always been ok, but this time the Clinic telephoned me, after the pre-op check-up, asking for all the previousl electrocardiograms, and they asked me to go back for further tests as it seems I have a serious problem. They said I couldn't have the bunion operation until the heart condition was sorted. I feel gutted. What should have been something relatively simple is now complicated.

My OH is upset as well.

I'm working hard on restoring my morale, but it's been rather a sudden blow. Hope you understand, I'm sure you will.

di reston

Enough is never as good as a feast Oscar Wilde:(

I'm so sorry to hear this, di. It certainly is a shock get news like that when you're expecting to have a relatively simple procedure. I hope it's ends being not too serious and easily treatable. Take care.

Di, I too am sorry this has happened to you. Hoping it is not as serious as they are making out.

Here's to you and yours... Wrap your arms around yourself, squeeze, close your eyes and believe! as we are all giving you a BIG hug.

Ask for a second opinion and second test. You may have been nervous during the first cardiogram. In the meantime, learn and practice some calming exercises. Even yoga if necessary. Then when you go for that second one, Take some real deep breaths. Even while the machine is running. It helps.

Di, I'm also concerned for you but there could be a bright side. You didn't know about a heart problem before now, and don't know exactly what it is yet. It's a plus that you have some warning of danger, not a negative. I know it's hard, but try to remain calm and collected until you know more from the experts.

Di, I'm also concerned for you but there could be a bright side. You didn't know about a heart problem before now, and don't know exactly what it is yet. It's a plus that you have some warning of danger, not a negative. I know it's hard, but try to remain calm and collected until you know more from the experts.

+1. Good advice. Last fall, I found out I had a large aneurysm in the artery that goes to my spleen. Had a procedure to take care of it and the follow-up showed it was just as the surgeon wanted it to look. Modern medicine is pretty amazing :)

+2

Sending hugs and good thoughts to you, di. I'm sure it will work out for you

Good luck to you! Believe me, while it may be a bit of a blow now, it's MUCH better to find out this way than by way of a serious life-threatening emergency.

Doctors are able to do miraculous things these days. I'm sure it will all work out well for you.

Sending best thoughts and wishes for a good outcome, di. As others have said, best to catch any potential problems early. Thinking of you. :wub:

Hoping you can resolve your medical issues, di. Like others have said, this shock may end up being a fortuitous discovery. Sending thoughts of renewed health your way.

Always best to find out before, cardiac issues are better found before they get big. My best wishes for you. {{{hugs}}} Besides a second test may show the first test was a false-positive.

Di, I'm new here but just to say I have had 4 stents put in and all went well. They were severe blockages and feel like a new person. You'll be okay.

Back
Top Bottom