Healthy Choice TV Ad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
There is an ad for Healthy Choice on TV that shows two chefs in a kitchen cooking. He's wearing black and she's wearing white.

They're talking about how they've developed new methods that are better for you. The list marinades, seasonings and slow cooking.

Then they say, "By doing this, we're adding flavor to taste." What the heck does that mean!!! :angry:

Have we been cooking with flavorless taste all these years? ...or is that tasteless flavor?

Does this non-sensical drivel bother anyone else or should I go somewhere and get a life?

Andy M. said:
There is an ad for Healthy Choice on TV that shows two chefs in a kitchen cooking. He's wearing black and she's wearing white.

They're talking about how they've developed new methods that are better for you. The list marinades, seasonings and slow cooking.

Then they say, "By doing this, we're adding flavor to taste." What the heck does that mean!!! :angry:

Have we been cooking with flavorless taste all these years? ...or is that tasteless flavor?

Does this non-sensical drivel bother anyone else or should I go somewhere and get a life?
It sounds like a B western with food as the motif. I am assuming the white garbed chef is adding the flavor? Seriously, though, this type of meaningless verbiage makes me nauseated, as well. At least say something I can agree or disagree with, not some nonsense statement that I can't even argue with, since there's no point with which to grapple.

I've had similar thoughts when I've seen that commercial, Andy. Who writes that stuff? They can't know anything about eating! :rolleyes:

It's commercials like that that have caused the batteries on the remote to wear out faster than normal. We tend to simply mute commercials around here, or flip to one of the all music channels for a couple of minutes.

I tend to analyze things to death, or at least I used to. I was the guy who was upset when Star Wars first came out because the spacecraft roared through space. I said to my wife, after the movie, "That is so inaccurate. How could the spacecraft possible make any noise in the vacuum of space. there is no air to carry the sound waves? The movie was full of nonsence. Parsecs are a measure of distance, not time." etc. etc.

Somewhere in the passage of time, I realized that I could ignore the stupidity of Hollywood, including all of the stupid comercials on the little box (they don't call it a boob tube for nothing:ROFLMAO: ) and just enjoy the movies or shows that I watch for simply entertainment value. I know that advertizers are all willing to bend the truth to sell their product, and that often times, they expect that we are all stupid. I would go as far as to state that they give as little real information as possible so asa to confuse the general public into thinking they have something worth purchasing. And though I have caught myself in the occasional mistruth, I try very hard to be truthful. I personally ignore almost all commercials as I believe teh people who write them are a disgrace to the companies and priducts that they try so absurdly to represent.

Sadly, there are those who are sucked into the lies, and the misrepresentations, only to be dissapoointed at best, or to have purchsased something that will degrade their lifestyle or health at worst.

Simply put, it my personal opinion that advertizers are scam artists. I hope that I have not offended anyone with my opinion. And to be sure, just as there are honorable and good lawyers, there are honorable and good advertizers. I just haven't seen many of them, at least few that present themselves to the public.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

The ad wants to cut out salt and fried foods so they use other ingredients in place of salt and broil instead of frying. At least this is what I got from the commercial.

thumpershere2 said:
The ad wants to cut out salt and fried foods so they use other ingredients in place of salt and broil instead of frying. At least this is what I got from the commercial.

I wasn't confused about the mesage, just commenting on the stupid script.

Goodweed of the North said:
I said to my wife, after the movie, "That is so inaccurate. How could the spacecraft possible make any noise in the vacuum of space. there is no air to carry the sound waves?

how can there be no air in space? isn't there an "air -n- space museum" in washington, dc? :rolleyes:

andy, i haven't seen that commercial yet. will have to have the remote ready, as vb said, it seems.

There is absolutely no doubt that I would not have caught that, but in now having it called to attention and being able to analyze it, there could be a VERY subtle difference between "flavor" (=better, something to be desired, identifiable, etc.) and just "taste" (=water doesn't, salt does, not distinctive). But, probably a stretch. ;o)

Andy M. said:

Short answer: yes, makes me goofy too. And no, you shouldn't go elsewhere to get a life -- you've got a fine one already, just a discerning one!

Me too, Andy M. I also thought that line was nonsense the first time I heard it, and....I wondered if anyone else noticed it! Must be that noone over at the advertising agency or in the marketing department at Healthy Choice actually cooks or is interested in food?

The ad wants to cut out salt and fried foods so they use other ingredients in place of salt and broil instead of frying

Then please explain to me why the sodium content is so ridiculously high ?
With all that sodium it can't be all that healthy for ya.

We mute the commercials here, too. Except for the ones with cute kitties and doggies. Some of their food looks pretty darn good.:)

As for the Healthy Choice ad, for me, I think the silliness of it all is that it's called "cooking." It's not cooking. It's reheating.

I'm amazed at how few younger folks actually cook, know how or have the desire to do so. It's refreshing to see the number of apparent young 'uns at this site who are truly interested in cooking. Hooray for you.

The one commercial that really fries my clams is Banquet Crock-Pot Classics meals. The lady of the house is told that she can prepare delicious crockpot dishes for her family simply by adding the bag of frozen goodies to her crockpot. Man, oh, man, can that lady cook! Just gets my goat. Just call it crockpot cooking for dummies.

oh man, i'm so depressed. i was just gonna post my recipe for crock pot frozen veggies and goat... :)

umm, katie? kitten and puppy food looks good to you? i need to have a talk with my namesake.

I usually tape all the TV shows that I want to watch and the commercials drive me crazy. Of course if it wasn't for the sponsors there would be no TV shows.

I didn't happen to the see the commercials that you were talking about.

My favorite commercial is the lady in all pink and by her side is a pink poodle.

Goodweed of the North said:
I tend to analyze things to death, or at least I used to. I was the guy who was upset when Star Wars first came out because the spacecraft roared through space. I said to my wife, after the movie, "That is so inaccurate. How could the spacecraft possible make any noise in the vacuum of space. there is no air to carry the sound waves? The movie was full of nonsence. Parsecs are a measure of distance, not time." etc. etc.
What drives me crazy Goodweed, is how in all shows and movies in space, the space ships are always flying on the same plane. That drives me crazy.

OK back on topic...maybe by taste they were doing a play on words. Maybe they were not talking about taste as in flavor, but taste as in you have good taste in cloths or something. OK I know that is a real stretch and I am sure that is not what they really were after. Yes their commercial is pretty darn stupid.

Back
Top Bottom