"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-19-2006, 08:19 AM   #1
Executive Chef

'Heart Attack' burgers to die for!

Latest from Yahoo News:
Hamburgers to die for at US restaurant

Fri Nov 17, 6:35 PM ET

A restaurant in the southwestern US state of Arizona that proudly admits to trying to finish off its customers has introduced a new item on its menu -- the "quadruple bypass burger".

The burger at the "Heart Attack Grill" restaurant is stacked with four beef patties, cheese, onions, tomatoes and fried bacon, and weighs in at only 8,000 calories, more than three times what the human body needs in one day.

Patrons who have no appetite for the "quadruple bypass burger" can opt for the "triple" or "double-bypass". "It's not good for one's health but it's only a joke," John Basso, who opened the restaurant 10 months ago, told AFP.

Customers who have room for more can also order French fries "fried in pure lard" and can purchase cigarettes off the menu. As a courtesy, the restaurant offers its "best customers" a wheelchair service to their cars by waitresses dressed in slinky nurses' outfits.

The idea, however, has not gone down well with the Arizona State Board of Nursing which has expressed concern that some patrons may confuse the waitresses with real nurses.

To avoid any confusion, Basso has posted a long message on his restaurant website saying that his employees in no way are medical professionals.
He said his ultimate goal is to open a restaurant in France.
"I am dreaming of opening a restaurant in Paris," he said.

Old 11-19-2006, 11:06 AM   #2
The Dude Abides

Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT Send a message via Skype™ to TATTRAT
20/20 had a special on that. The "Nurses"(wait staff) are apparently causing quit a stir in the local medical community. The "sexy nurse" thing is giving nursing a bad image or something...

As for the burgers, the look insane! I would try one, but not make it a routine.

Old 11-19-2006, 11:21 AM   #3
Executive Chef

Aw, c'mon, what guy doesn't love a sexy nurse fantasy?? I don't believe any sane person could ever confuse a sexy nurse in a restaurant with someone giving you care and personalized medical attention. It sounds like sour grapes from the medical community to me.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:36 AM   #4
The Dude Abides

Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT Send a message via Skype™ to TATTRAT
Exactly,VB!

*NOTE* it was the homely nurses doing the complaining. And the were equating it to sexy nurse=brainless slut.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:44 AM   #5
Sous Chef

So this burger is true? I heard it on World Radio Geneva this week. Triple bi-pass? It's too obvious and very suicidal.
Old 11-19-2006, 01:57 PM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

I think I'd rather die from something else. Jealous wife, maybe..........