Heat Wave

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In the Kitchen

Executive Chef
Latest topic for our local news is about the couple who left their 7 month old baby in the back seat of their car for more than 4 hours. Temp got to be up to 140 degrees and that was AFTER the car was broken into. The couple worked at Washington University Hospital here. She was pediatrician, he was research chemist. She called to tell him she was late for meeting and to come take the car an move it. Evidently no mention of the baby in the back seat which she was supposedly to drop off at day care.

Some passerby saw the child and took a rock and broke the window to get the child out of the car. The baby had no pulse. They are both devastated and everyone says it was horrible accident. I just can't imagine the feeling to know I left the baby in a hot car. I am such a dog lover and do not like seeing dogs in hot cars. I am just grateful I never saw this baby.

This heat is getting a little old. Everything so dry. Supposed to be over 90 today instead of 100.

Please keep this couple in your thoughts and prayers. Over a week and topic is still the same. Guess because it is heat related. You think people will think twice about this event?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom