Heat Wave anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
img_301816_0_20e32aeb663322b67c8b9fe2ad2c73f8.jpg
You know your from Texas if:

You notice your car overheating before you drive it.

You can hear the weather forecast of 115 degrees in the shade without flinching.

You actually burn your hand opening the car door.

You discover, in July it only takes two fingers to drive your car, because your steering wheel is so hot.

You think someone driving wearing oven mitts is clever.

You run your air conditioner in the middle of winter so you can use your fireplace.

The best parking is determined by shade.....not distance.

You can make sun tea instantly.

It's noon in July, kids are on summer vacation and yet all the streets are totally empty of both cars and people.

Sunscreen is sold year round and kept right at the checkout counter.

You put on fresh sunscreen just to go check the mail box.

No one would dream of putting vinyl inside a car.

You think a red light is merely a suggestion.

All of your out-of-state friends start to visit after October but clear out come the end of April.

You think 60 tons of crushed red rock makes a beautiful yard.

Vehicles with open windows have the right-of-way in the summer.

Most homes have more firearms than people.

People who have black cars or black upholstery in their car are automatically assumed to be from out of-state or nuts.

You know better than to get into a car with leather seats if you're wearing shorts.

You can finish a Big Gulp in 10 minutes and go back for seconds.

You know a swamp cooler is not a happy hour drink.

You take rain dances seriously.

When a rainy day puts you in a good mood.

A hundred ten in the shade is sorta hot, but you don't have to shovel it off your driveway.

Petrified doesn't mean scared.

Standin' on the corner sounds good.

The temperature drops below 95, you feel a bit chilly.

You can attend any function wearing shorts and a tank top.

You realize that asphalt has a liquid state.
img_301816_1_37ecfb29863bfffc512626e4cc4377d7.gif

The temperature drops below 95, you feel a bit chilly.

Vehicles with open windows have the right-of-way in the summer. No AC for me.

Thanks for the list texastamale! Funny. Those two really hit home for me!

had a minor miracle last night, received just over one inch of rain...........I'm hoping that was enough to coax the clay soil to loosen its death grip on plant roots and let me get some weeding done today. Still humid beyond reason, but am so pleased we got so much rain........

buckytom said:
psst, purrfect-d, 90 miles east of philly is in the atlantic ocean.
Sorry, meant Philly is 90 miles east of me, but my brain is FRIED is it so stinkin' hot. Still waiting for the rain, but the sun is out so it sdoesn't look good, but heck it is 10:30 am and it's only 90 degrees outside.

hey middie, my weather radio, which covers parts of KY, OH and WV, says most places did not receive the rains last night, so I was quite lucky to get some. But the inch of rain can not make up for weeks of no rain, but the plants sure look cheerful today. We have a northerly breeze today, what a relief from the past week!!!!

This entire past week has been, by far, the very hottest we've experienced since moving to VA from NY 12 years ago.

Temps have been well over 100 every single day, only dropping down to the mid-80's at night, & the heat indices have run between 110 & 115. It's downright brutal. Except for keeping plants & horses watered, & the dogs walked, I've done my level best not to step outside my air-conditioned little hovel.

The powers that be were originally predicting some relief - as in temps in the 80's - starting this weekend, but they've now rescinded that & have said the best we can expect is low to mid 90's. But I supposed after a week in the 100's, that's better than nothing. Right now there's at least a little air movement - somewhat what I expect the breezes on the Sahara feel like - & we "might" get a thunderstorm or two later - just enough to raise the humidity level up high enough so that it feels like one is breathing in a solid substance.

I can't wait for winter so I can switch my whining over to how cold it is - LOL!!!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom