Heat Wave anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amber

Executive Chef
I know there have been sereral topics on this lately. Just wanted to check in to see how everyone is doing. From East to West coast it's been brutal. The only exception I saw today was Washington State. So how is everyone holding up? Oh and brace yourself Floridians for tropical storm Chris! I hope everyone has some way to keep cool. I have one AC in my house thankfully. My sister had temps of 105 in Connecticut, and I know Boston was very hot, as well as NY, and DC, Probably PA as well.

I stayed inside, pulled the blinds and shut the windows, and used fans, and one AC. We just had some rain, so hopefully that cool air mass is moving in tonight.

Wow, talk about karma, my computer just shut down because of lightening, yes I have a surge protector! That was freaky though.

Last edited:
Yep, we are fine here. It was a great day. The sky was blue with just a few fluffy white clouds.

I really hope it cools down for the rest of you.

After a week of hellish temperatures (I'm talking actual 119 degrees in parts of L.A., none of this "heat index" stuff), with unseasonably high humidity, it's been nice for several days. That bodes well for the rest of the county -- it should be better soon. In the meantime, maybe this will help you cool off, at least mentally -- let yourself drift away on Pacific breezes:

Attachments

• Hermosa Beach Sunset 7-17-06.jpg
    Hermosa Beach Sunset 7-17-06.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 233
TATTRAT said:
Today toped out with an index of 116 degrees...big happy fun. I wish it would storm though.

Wishing you storms tonight! I hope it cools down for you :)

I'm about 90 miles east of Philadelphia and it is hot here. I work in a deli part time and we are incredibly busy with the prepared foods.

It's been terrible here, but we live in the country, where it's a lot cooler without all that pavement, and we have lots of big shade trees around the house, so it's probably 10 degrees cooler on my deck than it is in town.

But the air is still so thick you could cut it with a knife.

It is hot is the t southwest but it is August so its supposed to be hot. No records broken just the usual cool mornings, hot afternoons and cool evenings....

later

I'm not sure what the temperature here is, but I'm pretty chilli. I've got my jacket on.

85 degrees. humidity is probably 90%.
Dew point is 72 (65 is tropical).
Waiting for the rain that's supposed
to come through sometime this afternoon.

Another hot one in NC and the humidity is the pits. They're calling for it to cool down here to the upper 80's

purrfectlydevine said:
I'm about 90 miles east of Philadelphia and it is hot here. I work in a deli part time and we are incredibly busy with the prepared foods.
Oh---can I feel for you---I used to volunteer in a soup kitchen and there were times that I thought that I was going to die--- I hope that all of you who live in areas that traditionally don't get a/c get some real relief soon. Having lived in Houston most of my life, air conditioning is just a way of life. What idiot thought that it was a great idea to build over this swamp is unbelievable. But here we are. Hopefully, "Chris" will skip along. :-p

wasabi said:
No thank you. 88 and beautiful here.
Packing my bags, wasabi!! I'm on my way too. Hope you have room for all of us:LOL:

It's been in the hundreds again this week. Seems like everyone is getting our weather this year. If we would get some rain, I don't think it would be so bad.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom