"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 01-22-2008, 06:10 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
The Patriot and Knights Tale were both great. He really was good, it's so horribly sad, I don't understand what happens to a person.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.....
suziquzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 06:22 PM   #12
Executive Chef
I know, I just went into Dead or Alive
to see what was said about Suzanne Pleshette, sp?
I went into the section for died the last 6 months and his name was first.
I thought I hit the wrong button saying out loud, "oh no, that's wrong, he's alive, not dead."
I'm now going to go into Matter of Dispute
and there's nothing in there as of yet.
What a shock...so sad, so young..........

...Trials travel best when you're taking the transportation known as prayer...SLRC
LEFSElover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 06:27 PM   #13
Senior Cook
We just hooked up our satellite tv & heard this on the news. It is just so tragic...he was too young & his poor two year old daughter & her mother. It is very sad.
Clienta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 07:41 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire
he knew the dangers.

i am so sad for his family. however he was not a teenager. he knew or should have know the dangers of drugs.

maybe he was not sleeping and just over did the pills.

drugs are ruining our country.

babetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 07:52 PM   #15
Executive Chef
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
maybe he was not sleeping and just over did the pills.
I hope you're right, Babe, for his family's sake. It's so sad that he is lost to them but it might be less of a burden for them if it was just a tragic miscalculation.
Fisher's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 08:09 PM   #16
Executive Chef
wow. That is very shocking! I thought he was a great actor. Shame about his daughter not having her father.
"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One of these is roots, the other, wings." http://aidancallum.blogspot.com/
corazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 09:57 PM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via Yahoo to middie
28 years old. A 2 year old little girl. So sad.
middie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 03:07 AM   #18
Executive Chef
I stayed up late totally in shock, which sounds crazy since he was a Hollywood actor and not a close friend or family member. His role in Brokeback Mountain is what made me see him for the outstanding young actor he was. 10 Things I Hate About You was the first movie I saw him in and I thought he was great. One of those young actors that you knew would make it in such a tough industry.

Very good article here Heath Ledger - short career, lasting images

They think his death was accidental, sleeping pills. I don't think it's fair to speculate that he had a drug problem. His autopsy is scheduled for today. We can only hope it was an accident and that he didn't have a drug problem. I feel for his young daughter, growing up without a father in this painful world.

RIP Heath.....
Accentuate the positives, medicate the negatives ~ Amy Sedaris
redkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 08:44 AM   #19
Executive Chef
The story broke here before 7am today (Perth time) and supposedly, his father found out by the radio. They said he had been sick with pneumonia and that he had not been sleeping well due to the heavy schedule of filming for his Joker role, something like one to two hours a night. It was also said that he would fly home to NY every few days to see his daughter. He was here in Perth for Christmas and was pretty much ignored - which is what he likes. He even phoned up our daily newspaper to thank them for leaving him alone during his holiday. Which was nice.

His dad came out and read a prepared statement with either his wife or ex-wife and his daughter by his side. Very dignified, especially as he did this after only four hours of the news being public.

TV and radio has been dominated by the death of (now) Perth's favourite son. I expect in the next few days there will be interviews with his friends. We have already had his former headmaster, and the casting agent who discovered him.

Most people here seem to believe that it was an accident with the sleeping tablets along with the relaxants. Very sad however it happened.
Too many restaurants, not enough time...
Bilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 10:02 AM   #20
Master Chef
What a tragic loss. I was shocked to find out. I love many of his movies... 10 Things I Hate About You and a Knight's Tale, plus many others. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

sattie is offline   Reply With Quote