Heaven Or ****?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gwkr36a

Cook
Is It Heaven or ****?

A Certain man had a dream about dying. He found himself in the presence of a mighty angel. The angel spoke, "I will show you ****."

In a moment, the man was standing with the Angel in a large room. In the middle of the room sat a long table. It was covered with every conceivable delicacy. There were stacks of bread, beautiful green salads, every kind of vegetable, delicious smelling main courses of roast beef, turkey, chicken, fish.

All around the table sat desperate, starving people. In their hands were all the usual utensils. They had knives and spoons but the handles were eight or nine feet long. Because the handles were longer than their arms, it was impossible to get the delicious food into their mouths. Their suffering was terrible. They would get the food on their spoon and as they turned it toward their mouths it would spill to the table or the floor. They would cry out in anguish.

"Now, I will show you Heaven," the Angel said. In a flash, they were in an identical room to the last. The table, the food, the long handled utensils all the same. But the people were all well fed, nourished and happy. They sat talking and laughing with one another.

The man looked to the Angel, "I don't understand. How can this be? Their spoons are just like the others but they are well fed?"

The Angel spoke, "It is quite simple, you see, here they feed each other."

Thats a good lesson.........its funny but I wondered why they just didn't feed each other as I was reading the first portion.

It is an analogy or metaphor if you will, describing what happens when a group of people work together to solve problems. Does anybody know a group of people or a site like that? :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom