Heigh Ho, Heigh Ho, It's Off To Costco!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
PrincessFiona60 said:
I want a big basket on the front of my bike so I can do Costco in 10 minutes or less...might save me some money.

Sure, Princess. Rub it in. It would take me 3 days to get to Costco on my bike, then I'd be too tired to ride home! And I'd need a bigger basket!

Oh, btw, who won the Extreme Scrabble Challenge? ( I think I know...)

Sure, Princess. Rub it in. It would take me 3 days to get to Costco on my bike, then I'd be too tired to ride home! And I'd need a bigger basket!

Oh, btw, who won the Extreme Scrabble Challenge? ( I think I know...)

It was a draw, it's always a draw...but we've been playing Scrabble for 30 years and we are evenly matched in the vocabulary department. Stopped keeping track when we passed 2000 games almost 15 years ago.:rolleyes:

We have a BJ's 3 miles up the road but I'd rather make the 50 minute drive to the Costco! (plus it give us an excuse to go to the DQ for lunch or dinner).

I've been holding off on the next trip because the freezer and pantry are full right now (54-cent / lb turkeys, 89-cent boxes of stuffing, and canned soups, gravies, ect. from Thanksgiving sales) so unless I can find room for another freezer and pantry I'm going to to have to suffer the withdrawal symptoms.:LOL:

Costco is only 5-10 minutes away (depending on traffic), so we usually go once every two weeks. Usually we get 4 cases of San Pellegrino, olive oil, chicken and parm. Sometimes they have a seafood set-up and we pick up a couple items.

On a side note, a brand new "Whole Foods" is being built close by and the anticipation is killing me!

Craig

Last edited:
I know you already made your trip this year, but next time you go, please try the Kirkland Signature chocolate covered caramel macadamia clusters if you have them at your location. I don't know where you live, but they're only available out west. I wish we could get them here. I miss them so...

I know you already made your trip this year, but next time you go, please try the Kirkland Signature chocolate covered caramel macadamia clusters if you have them at your location. I don't know where you live, but they're only available out west. I wish we could get them here. I miss them so...

Ooh, you are mean to a toothless old broad who can't eat them anymore....:ROFLMAO: I wonder if I can chop them enough in the processor to be able to munch them.

My new favourite Costo items are Procuitto (forget the brand, they have two) as it is great for DH's sandwiches, Tuxedo Cake (yes I am a cake baker but this is devine!), Blueberry "Unwine", Agave Syrup and Balderson's aged white cheddar (no this isn't new but always a favourite).

We buy a lot of bulk items there and I am usually shopping once every two weeks. It is a five minute drive and that's only because of two busy intersections!

Sprout said:

Thanks Sprout! Our closest CC is Geneva, IL. I did pick up a bag of Lindor Truffles, intending to sprinkle them in gift bags. Ha. Fat chance, they're quickly disappearing.

LPBeier said:
My new favourite Costo items are Procuitto (forget the brand, they have two) as it is great for DH's sandwiches, Tuxedo Cake (yes I am a cake baker but this is devine!), Blueberry "Unwine", Agave Syrup and Balderson's aged white cheddar (no this isn't new but always a favourite).

We buy a lot of bulk items there and I am usually shopping once every two weeks. It is a five minute drive and that's only because of two busy intersections!

We did get the agave syrup and a lovely 3 pack of proscuitto packaged with a couple other meats. We blew through a half pack of smoked salmon yesterday, after giving a goody bag to a friend who stopped over. He's in the spice business, but had never been to CC.

I am so envious of all who have a nearby Costco! Wonderful lists! There has been talk of one possibly going up about 45 minutes away, but haven't heard anything new lately.

Gasoline!!

It's consistently the
cheapest price anywhere.

It's worth the trip for gasoline alone for me! And CostCo is MUCH cheaper than the gas stations around here!

These are SO good. PF, you can process them and sprinkle them on ice cream. :yum:

There has been talk of one possibly going up about 45 minutes away, but haven't heard anything new lately.

If they don't, come to the island. *gestures to all of the CostCo locations* ;)

Being that I work in the bakery at Costco and I'm there 5 days per week:sleep:, I'm glad everyone likes it but I am always amazed at the loyalty it receives

niquejim said:
Being that I work in the bakery at Costco and I'm there 5 days per week:sleep:, I'm glad everyone likes it but I am always amazed at the loyalty it receives

Hmm. Group discount?

Has anyone else fallen in love with Paisley Farms Four Bean Salad? Our 64 oz. jar is almost gone. Really fresh tasting, without added bad stuff, and a hint of spiciness.

Our supplies from CC are quickly diminishing...

I miss the days when DH worked at a warehouse and I could say "Oh, grab this before you leave for home!" Now he's at a depot and the nearest warehouse is 15 min away, in the opposite direction of home. We're only 45 minutes away, though. It's close enough to make a trip or 2 a month.

It's worth the trip for gasoline alone for me! And CostCo is MUCH cheaper than the gas stations around here!

These are SO good. PF, you can process them and sprinkle them on ice cream. :yum:

Wait, you can get them somewhere on the East Coast?! DH said they weren't available west of the Mississippi. Jealous. That gives me hope for when we move to MI next summer, though...

Alas, employees get no discount. They get a free executive membership, though, so it works. :)

We were going to get truffles on our last trip, but forgot. :( They were on coupon, too.

I was surprised and excited to find the Truffles don't raise my blood sugar too much. I get 2 a day:):yum:

Back
Top Bottom