Heigh Ho, Heigh Ho, It's Off To Costco!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dawgluver

Chef Extraordinaire
We will be doing our annual pilgrimage. Following the usual in-the-door hyperventilation and unmedicated ADHD overstimulus, what do YOU get at Costco?

We usually get the Kirkland marinated artichoke hearts, Kirkland chicken broth, bulk pack of Rotel, and Lindor Truffles. And we always try to score two free Costco cookbooks (give away one as a gift to another Costco deprived friend.)

Since it's a long drive away for us, what are some other Costco must-haves? We will have a large cooler in the car.

OMG! Costco must haves...there are so many. Give me a bit to come up with a list. Let me just start with the Kirkland Trail Mix and the bacon wrapped scallops. We always get the TP and paper towels too. Those paper towels are tougher than any other brand. Love the croissants and muffins too.

Only once per year? Is there a budget? We buy Kirkland batteries too, and things like cat litter and dog stuff are WAY cheaper there.

Alix said:
OMG! Costco must haves...there are so many. Give me a bit to come up with a list. Let me just start with the Kirkland Trail Mix and the bacon wrapped scallops. We always get the TP and paper towels too. Those paper towels are tougher than any other brand. Love the croissants and muffins too.

Only once per year? Is there a budget? We buy Kirkland batteries too, and things like cat litter and dog stuff are WAY cheaper there.

Our nearest one is 3 hours away! I have Costco envy, Alix. Thanks for the list! Keep 'em coming!

Cat litter
Dishwasher detergent
10% cream
whipping cream
walnuts, pecans, almonds for cooking
salted cashews for munching
real vanilla, both extract in a 500 ml bottle and beans
large bottle of Worchestershire
Frozen, "stir fry" vegis
big box of Twinnings Earl Grey Tea
3 L container of kalamata olives

Depending on the quality of the particular Costco bakery: croissants

Roasted chicken.

If you need it: 5,000 sheets of paper for your printer.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

taxlady said:
Cat litter
Dishwasher detergent
10% cream
whipping cream
walnuts, pecans, almonds for cooking
salted cashews for munching
real vanilla, both extract in a 500 ml bottle and beans
large bottle of Worchestershire
Frozen, "stir fry" vegis
big box of Twinnings Earl Grey Tea
3 L container of kalamata olives

Depending on the quality of the particular Costco bakery: croissants

Roasted chicken.

If you need it: 5,000 sheets of paper for your printer.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Oh my. Will hitch up the trailer!

Thanks, TL!

Oh my. Will hitch up the trailer!

Thanks, TL!

Trailer sounds like a good idea if you only get to go once a year.

BTW, the Kirkland dishwasher detergent is only so-so. I meant get a big container of the brand you like.

Just remembered: garlic powder, onion powder, whole black pepper, bay leaves, oregano, and parsley all come in a container about 10 inches tall.

I like the big packs of things like garlic powder, peppercorns, the bacon. butter, and DH loves the big packs of hot dogs, , packs of cibbata rolls,crossants, boxed bags for Christmas, kids cloths, probiotics, bottles of Vitamin C, two packs of artichokes, coffee beans, ,Lots more but you need to stroll up and down the aisles slowly and pick carefully. Enjoy your trip.;)
kades

Dawg, I'm lucky enough to have a Costco 20 min. away so I go about twice a month. Up until 47 days ago, I always bought my cigarettes there as they were so much cheaper. Now I've found the Nicotine patches are a lot cheaper too. ;)
I love their roasted chicken, and in the meat department, their beautiful little loin lamb chops are worth their weight in gold. I love looking at the books, and the prices are great...better than Amazon with the shipping.

Aluminum foil
Stretch-tite plastic wrap
TP
Paper Towels
Dunkin Donuts coffee
Granulated Sugar
King Arthur Flour
Walnuts
Pecans
Cashews
Meat
More Meat
Even More meat

Frantically scribbling...

Hopefully the UHaul trailer will work out! You guys are the best!

If you don't like the Twinings Earl Grey, the Kirkland coffee is great. They stock Starbucks blend too. I buy the boxes of frozen chicken breast there. Its cheap and the quality is good.

TP
Paper Towel
Contact solution
toiletries of all descriptions (toothpaste, fem hygiene, antiperspirant, etc)
sesame crackers (OMG! SO GOOD)
Chips and other nibblies for the holiday entertaining
baking stuff (brown sugar, choc chips, flour etc)
sliced turkey breast (its expensive but we love it, it freezes well)
cat litter
dog toys, etc
tuna steaks!
scallops
cod fillets
two bite brownies
croissants

And once you're done with the essentials...go play in the book section. Mmmmmm! FUN! Tell us all about your trip when you get back!

All my Vitamins, Kirkland Acetaminophen, canned Tuna, White bean and Chicken chili (easy to take to work), canned mandarins, butter, cream cheese...sometimes I go weekly, books, they have had some Micro Plush Sherpa throws that are nice. Like others have said, garlic and onio powder. I also like the table grind Malabar pepper. I could go on and on.

Oh where to start......
Facial tissue
Laundry detergent
Sliced sandwich ham
Cheese (blocks and shredded)
Butter
Bacon
Frozen skinless chicken breasts/ thighs
Coffee
Cinnamon/raisin strudel English muffins ( these are yummy)
Canned diced and/or stewed tomatoes Chicken stock or broth
Marinated artichokes
pickled asparagus
Crackers
Cereal
Pain relievers
Vitamins
Baby carrots
Lettuce
Onions
Aluminum foil
Plastic wrap
Zip bags
Alot of this stuff, I only buy periodically. (lasts forever in a two person household)
If you happen to see John Wm. Macy Cheddar and Asiago CheeseCrisps snap them up! They are to die for, especially if you like asiago cheese flavor. We ran across them in a Montana Costco while on vacation this summer. We didn't find them anywhere else. They came in a chip style/size bag, I have been able to find them on the web sold in individual bags or in small boxes at really inflated prices. Our local Costco did not have them :-(. They may only be a summer item, who knows?
Hope your shopping trip is fun! Sadly, trips to our Costco are no longer fun. (too crowded) :-(

I have a 3x5 card that I carry to Costco with me, it says, "You DO NOT need Q-Tips!!" I think I have enough to last until 2014.

Back
Top Bottom