"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-29-2016, 03:13 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyema View Post
+3 on Simply Heinz

It's better tasting than the original stuff
Simply Heinz came about due to the uprising about corn syrup as an additive. It still beats the original.

Old 06-29-2016, 03:30 PM   #12
Executive Chef

I haven't seen French's ketchup yet, but I have tried Heinz screaming yellow mustard.

Old 06-29-2016, 03:40 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Loin_of_Beef View Post
I haven't seen French's ketchup yet, but I have tried Heinz screaming yellow mustard.
I have a very large jar of their yellow mustard in my fridge. I very seldom use mustard. And when I do it is usually Guilden's dark brown. The yellow was given to me after the last party we had down in the Community Room by Management. Pirate uses it. They also gave me a large jar of Simply Heinz Ketchup. Now that I will use.
Old 06-29-2016, 04:04 PM   #14
Certified Pretend Chef

I'm even less of a mustard fan that I am a ketchup fan. I used to buy Gulden's but had repeated issues with the squirt bottle so I switched to French's for both yellow and brown.

Mayonnaise, on the other hand, is very important! Hellmann's - nothing else will do.
Old 06-29-2016, 04:57 PM   #15
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
Simply Heinz contains 4 grams of sugar per tablespoon, the same as French's and most other brands of ketchup. I use Heinz Reduced Sugar which contains 1 gram of sugar per tablespoon, it also contains sucralose and costs about twice as much. I guess it's a case of pick your poison!

Heinz Reduced Sugar Ketchup 13oz | Heinz Ketchup

Put less ingredients in and jack the price up big time.... Brilliant!!
Old 06-29-2016, 05:26 PM   #16
Senior Cook

I'm the same as you rare ketchup users. I rarely use it except for meatloaf. Meatloaf absolutely requires it. What I have in the fridge ATM is Hunt's. It's fine.
Old 06-29-2016, 05:47 PM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
I'm even less of a mustard fan that I am a ketchup fan. I used to buy Gulden's but had repeated issues with the squirt bottle so I switched to French's for both yellow and brown.

Mayonnaise, on the other hand, is very important! Hellmann's - nothing else will do.
I grew up on Caines Mayo and still use it to this day. (A New England brand) It cost less than Hellman's and with a coupon or two, I really save money. If I can't find a coupon in the flyers or in Coupons.com I go directly to the site and print them out there. I only buy it when it is on sale. And the coupon makes a huge savings in the end.
Old 06-29-2016, 05:57 PM   #18
Executive Chef

I prefer Simply Heinz ketchup, French's yellow mustard, Gulden's spicy brown mustard and Olive Oil Miracle Whip salad dressing. Miracle whip has sweetness, spices, and a personality, while mayonnaise just has grease.
Old 06-29-2016, 06:03 PM   #19
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Loin_of_Beef View Post
I prefer Simply Heinz ketchup, French's yellow mustard, Gulden's spicy brown mustard and Olive Oil Miracle Whip salad dressing. Miracle whip has sweetness, spices, and a personality, while mayonnaise just has grease.
I have never had the Olive Oil Miracle Whip. Right now I have three large jars of Cains I have to use up before I buy another one.
Old 06-29-2016, 06:04 PM   #20
Senior Cook

Iam a mustard fan. Guldens was always my go to mustard until I found Woeber's Reserve. I have no use for French's whatsoever.

I have never had the privilege of tasting Caine's Mayo. I wish I could. I am picky when it comes to mayo. Unless I stumble upon something better I'll stick with Hellman's.