Hello.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jkath! It's SO good to see you back! As you can tell, we've all missed you so very much and have thought about you often. I hope life's treating you well.:flowers:

Hi jkath ~ I'm new here and my family is in So Cal. Orange County near Disneyland. What part are you in and is your family and your home okay? I know how bad it is there.

PA - However are you?! I've thought of you often, as the baking bug bit me quite hard...as we speak I have 2 zucchini loaves in the oven....

Callisto - I hope your family is doing alright! I'm above that area, so we were near one fire, but far enough away to only get an orangey sky and lots of ash on the cars. We'll have to chat - I have a dear friend who just moved from here to NC and loves it.

PA - However are you?! I've thought of you often, as the baking bug bit me quite hard...as we speak I have 2 zucchini loaves in the oven....

Mmmm...zucchini bread! Well, I'm glad one of us still has the baking bug going strong--unfortunately, with the little one, I don't have much time to bake anymore. Someday....:)

Callisto - I hope your family is doing alright! I'm above that area, so we were near one fire, but far enough away to only get an orangey sky and lots of ash on the cars. We'll have to chat - I have a dear friend who just moved from here to NC and loves it.
We should. My "baby" brother works in Yorba Linda (near the Trabuco Canyon fire) and because of government contracts he has had to work the last two days. My SIL, mother of his 4 children, is worried sick.

I love it here, miss some little things but when my SIL told me her rent there I was reminded why I'm here. What part of the state did your friend move to? I'm debating moving to Wilmington in a couple years after DD graduates.

OMG! My prayers have been answered. I've missed you so much! Email or PM me sweetie, we have a TON to catch up on!

it feels like the whole family's here. :)

<<<{{{doing happy dance}}}>>>

nothing's been the same since you left, jkath. :(

don't do that again...

JKATH!!!!

th_woohoo.gif

OMGOMGOMGOMG!!!! She's BACK!!

th_mob.gif

Wait, no...

th_gfglompagett3.gif

There, that's the one!

John

Callisto - she's about 30 minutes from Raleigh and loving it.

Alix - There's so much to catch up on. I may need to change my phone service plans....
(in my best Joan Rivers voice ) we need to tawk!
Bucky - your "buckytom chicken" is still on our "must-have" list at most parties, and I think of you often because when we took our boys to Universal Studios, one of them won a prize at one of the carnival games: it's a Homer wearing an inner tube around his belly. So, it's like you're here! :)

Ronjohn - I'm jonesing for some of that homemade stuff.... (heh heh)
Middie: of course, I think about you very very often. You'd have loved this one: my boy came downstairs after finding "new" songs to download on his ipod. "Mom", he says "what's BonJovi and would I like it?" That indeed, was a middie-moment.

It's just like I said a long time ago:
DiscussCooking is the family reunion that meets every day.

It is really a pleasure being back :wub:

You can thank elfie for reminding me to come peek in. She's today's hero.

Hey - I'll take "hero" for a day - I usually just get "hated" :LOL:

jkath - it truly feels like things are better around here now!

Welcome back jkath! Not sure why you left us for a bit, but so glad you are back.

I hope you have a big stick jkath. You won't be able to keep the girls away from those cuties! I can't believe how quickly they get older! Not like us--I don't believe we are aging at all!

:)Barbara

I'm not aging...I'm just getting closer to becoming vintage.

Yep, Katie, he does eat a lot, but still is thin - if only we could all be 15!
As for the driving, he's such a responsible thing, I'd give him the keys now if it were possible.

Hellooooooo amber! I am forever making your italian pasta salad!

I'm not aging...I'm just getting closer to becoming vintage.
LOL I officially become vintage in 12 days!

jkath said:
Yep, Katie, he does eat a lot, but still is thin - if only we could all be 15!
I'll never forget when my cousin Dan was 14--from the moment he came in the door after school until he went to bed, food was continuously going in his mouth! He stayed thin too!

jkath said:
Hellooooooo amber! I am forever making your italian pasta salad!
I don't know how many others will get your reference, but I loved that movie and book!

:)Barbara

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom