Hello and good day!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi MM and sorry to hear about your accident. The most important thing is you're ok - the car can be fixed! I know it's inconvenient etc but in time it will be all forgotten and you'll be feeling much happier. I hope everything works out well and I'm sending you happy thoughts :D
thank you for the kind thoughts

BTW i have had such bad luck on top of health issues and insomnia in the last 2 weeks. i just need to calm down and take it in stride or i will go crazy!! oh and even with all this crap i haven't started smoking again!! whoooooooo hooooo i quit on june 14, 2009. i guess thats one thing to be happy and proud of.

whooooooooooooooo hooooooooooooooooo!! a different repair man (the same guy came the last 2 times) just left and i am pretty sure he fixed it!! the broiler flames seem to be about 2 inches long (maybe a bit longer but not to much longer i am not taking a ruler to measure LOL). he did exactly what i thought (and what i told the other guy), he opened the valve. and it only took him 10 - 15 minutes!! the final proof will be the next time i broil a steak!! i am so happy!!

hello and good day everyone!!

it was in the upper 50's this morning. the kind of weather i love!! i sat on my deck for a bit and my kitties kept me company. i decided to give them some left overs. hey what the heck if i can keep from throwing food away.

It seems even the Kitties like eating pasta and lentils

img_851273_0_cad877a3121c79985983cb8d492a69ad.jpg

img_851273_1_d7c5a0752839cca19323501e110fff55.jpg

she needs someone to twist her sketties for her!!

img_851273_2_e802ea645078ca3ceb18e87b490430e6.jpg

Good day eh. Cute kitties. Mine is sprawled next to me after I shoved her off my laptop. NOT impressed with me. Its a lovely 25C here today and the birdies are chirping and the neighbourhood is quiet at the moment. I'm going to make cookies soon to make it smell yummy around here.

still around 20°C here, and it is past 9pm..
I'M waiting with a glas of Red for the fireworks to start (around 9.30) and watch it from the deck..

still around 20°C here, and it is past 9pm..
I'M waiting with a glas of Red for the fireworks to start (around 9.30) and watch it from the deck..
what are the fireworks for? a holiday or celebration? or just a nice light show for a beautiful night sky? i hope you have fun and enjoy the evening.

hasn't started yet... well, I could check for the time, but I'm sure I'll hear and then I can see..

There is a firework-competition in Hannover every year and today Turkey has the last entry..

more

whoooooooooooooooo hooooooooooo!! i get my laptop back tomorrow and i start working at my old job on friday ( worked there for 3 years and then i was fired because my boss hired his cousin, that was in 2006). they called me back last year for seasonal and lasted till jan 1 (btw his cousin left last year just before they called me back). this time it may last a bit longer.

good friday the 13th eveyone!!

i will be off to work in about 1 hour. i hope the traffic will be light but we are expecting lots of wind (40 mph gusts) and rain. i heard nor'easter last night :ohmy:

i must admit that i have a few butterflies in my yummy. another seasonal call back to another new revamped website and POS. i hope biz picks up enough that this will last longer than the end of the year this time. one thing is that 3 people from last year are gone sooooooooooooooooo ........

Good day everyone!!

I just got off the phone with my doctor.

He wanted me to get tested again after 6 weeks after being diagnosed. here are the results.

before - fasting sugar was 289 / after only 6 weeks - fasting sugar was 162
before - cholesterol 269 / after only 6 weeks - choleterol 138
good and bad cholestrol in the very good range, no protein in my urine, liver and kidneys in better condition.

good day all,
saw dr. yesterday and he took the oxygen off. been on since in hospital. doesn't want to see me for 6 weeks. i must be doing well. of course heart still enlarged. oh well!

Good day and Happy Mothers Day to all the wonderful and beautiful ladies!!

good day all,
saw dr. yesterday and he took the oxygen off. been on since in hospital. doesn't want to see me for 6 weeks. i must be doing well. of course heart still enlarged. oh well!
wonderful news babetoo!!

Good Day to you msmofet and a Happy Mothers Day.I hope it is the best ever
kades:)
thank you kades and the same back at you!!

BTW what do you think of my result numbers?

thank you kades and the same back at you!!

BTW what do you think of my result numbers?
I posted and it got lost. I think all the numbers were pretty good. The fasting is still high, My endo wants my fastings to be 100 and under. The lower the better and testing 4-6 times a day helps. I know it sounds a lot but it helps you know more about yourself. I've had people tell me they can tell what their numbers are, HOOIE I don't buy it. The only way to tell is test. But you are doing well. Don't put off re-checks, it's what keeps you healthy. And remember keep and eye on blood pressure. You don't want to end up like me!!!
kades:)

Its 3 PM and I am sitting at my puter enjoying a cup of fresh ground and brewed coffee (I bought a bag of beans. A blend of death by chocolate, hazel nut and mocha java). It is yummy!! I am trying to figure out how I will put my assorted veggies and chicken breast togaether to form a meal my family will be happy with. Without fail there is at least one that doesn't want a part of it "I'm not gonna eat dinner!!". Last night I gave in 2 of us had steamed spinach and 2 had uncooked with mushrooms and homemade dressing. I am also trying to cut way back on carbs and I get grumbling from the hub. I must say the girls haven't been so bad about it. Well my daughter just got home from school (my older girl picked her up) and she walked in the door complaining about the older girl!! And so it begins. Fun fun!! Well I had 10 minutes of peace and quiet to enjoy my coffee.

Back
Top Bottom