"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-31-2009, 04:45 AM   #41
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyjonny_uk View Post
Hi MM and sorry to hear about your accident. The most important thing is you're ok - the car can be fixed! I know it's inconvenient etc but in time it will be all forgotten and you'll be feeling much happier. I hope everything works out well and I'm sending you happy thoughts
thank you for the kind thoughts

Old 09-02-2009, 03:27 PM   #42
Master Chef

BTW i have had such bad luck on top of health issues and insomnia in the last 2 weeks. i just need to calm down and take it in stride or i will go crazy!! oh and even with all this crap i haven't started smoking again!! whoooooooo hooooo i quit on june 14, 2009. i guess thats one thing to be happy and proud of.

Old 09-03-2009, 01:48 PM   #43
Master Chef

whooooooooooooooo hooooooooooooooooo!! a different repair man (the same guy came the last 2 times) just left and i am pretty sure he fixed it!! the broiler flames seem to be about 2 inches long (maybe a bit longer but not to much longer i am not taking a ruler to measure LOL). he did exactly what i thought (and what i told the other guy), he opened the valve. and it only took him 10 - 15 minutes!! the final proof will be the next time i broil a steak!! i am so happy!!
Old 09-19-2009, 12:26 PM   #44
Master Chef

hello and good day everyone!!

it was in the upper 50's this morning. the kind of weather i love!! i sat on my deck for a bit and my kitties kept me company. i decided to give them some left overs. hey what the heck if i can keep from throwing food away.

It seems even the Kitties like eating pasta and lentils

she needs someone to twist her sketties for her!!

Old 09-19-2009, 12:29 PM   #45
Everymom

Good day eh. Cute kitties. Mine is sprawled next to me after I shoved her off my laptop. NOT impressed with me. Its a lovely 25C here today and the birdies are chirping and the neighbourhood is quiet at the moment. I'm going to make cookies soon to make it smell yummy around here.
Old 09-19-2009, 03:08 PM   #46
Master Chef

still around 20C here, and it is past 9pm..
I'M waiting with a glas of Red for the fireworks to start (around 9.30) and watch it from the deck..
LiGruess cara ~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 03:12 PM   #47
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by cara View Post
still around 20C here, and it is past 9pm..
I'M waiting with a glas of Red for the fireworks to start (around 9.30) and watch it from the deck..
what are the fireworks for? a holiday or celebration? or just a nice light show for a beautiful night sky? i hope you have fun and enjoy the evening.
Old 09-19-2009, 03:49 PM   #48
Master Chef

hasn't started yet... well, I could check for the time, but I'm sure I'll hear and then I can see..

There is a firework-competition in Hannover every year and today Turkey has the last entry..

more
LiGruess cara ~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 06:21 PM   #49
Master Chef

whoooooooooooooooo hooooooooooo!! i get my laptop back tomorrow and i start working at my old job on friday ( worked there for 3 years and then i was fired because my boss hired his cousin, that was in 2006). they called me back last year for seasonal and lasted till jan 1 (btw his cousin left last year just before they called me back). this time it may last a bit longer.
Old 11-13-2009, 07:42 AM   #50
Master Chef

good friday the 13th eveyone!!

i will be off to work in about 1 hour. i hope the traffic will be light but we are expecting lots of wind (40 mph gusts) and rain. i heard nor'easter last night

i must admit that i have a few butterflies in my yummy. another seasonal call back to another new revamped website and POS. i hope biz picks up enough that this will last longer than the end of the year this time. one thing is that 3 people from last year are gone sooooooooooooooooo ........