Hello and good day!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I posted and it got lost. I think all the numbers were pretty good. The fasting is still high, My endo wants my fastings to be 100 and under. The lower the better and testing 4-6 times a day helps. I know it sounds a lot but it helps you know more about yourself. I've had people tell me they can tell what their numbers are, HOOIE I don't buy it. The only way to tell is test. But you are doing well. Don't put off re-checks, it's what keeps you healthy. And remember keep and eye on blood pressure. You don't want to end up like me!!!
kades:)

i have been told, since i was in the hospital, that there are new highs and lows. 120 for low and 180 for high after a meal. will have the recheck next week. we will see if the new numbers work. very confusing to me. guess we have to do what our doctors tell us. huh? i can't tell exact numbers without out testing but do know when it really high or really low. am testing more often these days.

i have been told, since i was in the hospital, that there are new highs and lows. 120 for low and 180 for high after a meal. will have the recheck next week. we will see if the new numbers work. very confusing to me. guess we have to do what our doctors tell us. huh? i can't tell exact numbers without out testing but do know when it really high or really low. am testing more often these days.
You are doing so well now. People don't realize how tough we have to be to get along.My dh use to tell me are you doing this or that. Would say of a friend on insulin, she cheats because she took extra insulin at times.It made me so angry that he would judge like that. So I asked and was told it was ok to take extra. But now that i'm have to use it I still cut out a carb and it works just fine.I cook for my family and we do well and we eat like others.
I wanted to ask, did you find out about salt in homemade bread? It seems to me,sine we are not eating a whole loaf at one time a small bit of salt should be ok. I leave out any sugar in the bread and foccafias I make add a little more yeast and it's good.
kades:)

kades, i found a couple of recipes for bread with no salt. you are right about the amount. but burger buns, and premade biscuits have salt, so gotta find ways around it. i made pumpkin bread (in small pans) and left out the salt. seems fine. the filling with cream cheese had sodium and i thought that was enough. i love to bake, so will work around the sodium and sugar. i used splenda in the breads. part white and part brown. they are just wonderful. will use recipe again. i thought the salt slowed the yeast down. so if not there, would we need to add more yeast? sometimes it seems we must be chemists.

there are new sugar numbers? 120 to 180 after meals? i was getting worried if i went over 120.

there are new sugar numbers? 120 to 180 after meals? i was getting worried if i went over 120.

don't go by what i say. but the visiting nurse ,she is one that told me. i haven't been able to find info. on line. going to dr. next week and will see what he says.

i really wish you would find someone to guide you. should be a dr. or nurse that knows and helps you with treatment.you wouldn't :) have to go forever just till you are more comfortable with the rules , etc. :):)

Good day everyone!! Whooooooooooo Hooooooooooo family is going to see Prince of Persia and I get a couple of hours to myself. Peace and quiet to play my games, plan my meals for the next couple days. Contemplate the universe or inspect a dust bunny if I want without anyone bickering, screaming or saying "MOM..............!!" LOL I think a fresh ground and brewed pot of coffee!!

Good day everyone!! Whooooooooooo Hooooooooooo family is going to see Prince of Persia and I get a couple of hours to myself. Peace and quiet to play my games, plan my meals for the next couple days. Contemplate the universe or inspect a dust bunny if I want without anyone bickering, screaming or saying "MOM..............!!" LOL I think a fresh ground and brewed pot of coffee!!
Feels great for a change.I'm having a day like that too. No kids, no grandkids no waltzing around cooing for all them...Ahhhhhhhh siclence if golden
.kades;)

Hello everyone!!

I had an interesting day.

Adventure #1:

I had to completely take apart my electric pencil sharpener today. My girl sharpens those "grease" pencil type colored pencils in it even tho I have given her many of the little hand held to sharpen them in. Two problems - 1 -those greasy soft pencils are toxic to the electric sharpeners
2 - she never dumps the dang shavings hopper until it won't fit another fart in it and the whole inside is clogged!!

It stopped working and mom had to play doctor!!

1 - There was an entire tip of a grease pencil broken off in the blades.
the whole inside was greasy
2 - There was so much shavings stuck inside the works I had to bang, blow and cuss at it!!

It now works!!

Adventure # 2:

My girl and I took apart and inventoried my hall pantry.

I now have a spreadsheet listing - Product, Brand, Variety, Size, Quanity and the shelf it is on.

I will print it out and put it on the inside off the door.

I have 2 more closets/pantries to inventory (one is my spice closet).

And I am pulling an all nighter!!

Hello everyone!!

I had an interesting day.

Adventure #1:

I had to completely take apart my electric pencil sharpener today. My girl sharpens those "grease" pencil type colored pencils in it even tho I have given her many of the little hand held to sharpen them in. Two problems - 1 -those greasy soft pencils are toxic to the electric sharpeners
2 - she never dumps the dang shavings hopper until it won't fit another fart in it and the whole inside is clogged!!

It stopped working and mom had to play doctor!!

1 - There was an entire tip of a grease pencil broken off in the blades.
the whole inside was greasy
2 - There was so much shavings stuck inside the works I had to bang, blow and cuss at it!!

It now works!!

Adventure # 2:

My girl and I took apart and inventoried my hall pantry.

I now have a spreadsheet listing - Product, Brand, Variety, Size, Quanity and the shelf it is on.

I will print it out and put it on the inside off the door.

I have 2 more closets/pantries to inventory (one is my spice closet).

And I am pulling an all nighter!!

Very productive! Good job...I might make some lunch in a few hours.:)

Very productive! Good job...I might make some lunch in a few hours.:)
Lunch - I have a piece of unsliced raw flank steak I will either slice and pan fry or stove top grill then slice. Served baby spinch based salad - tomatoes and mushroom, raw broccoli, slivered almonds, cheddar or blue cheese and whatever else I find that appeals to me at the time and good seasons dressing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom