Hello Everyone!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hello everyone! I hope all is well. I've been good, but very tired. I need a vacation!!!

Here's a quick recap of my life the past few months or so...

I presented my Megan with the ring in December of '06. She said yes. This past Saturday, she and I booked our wedding hall. We're getting married in August of '08.

Happy happy joy joy

RJ

Congratulations, Ardge. Buck and I wish you and Meg many, many happy years together. Enjoy the wedding-planning rollercoaster. Keep a journal of the experience. Years down the road, when you read it, you will enjoy the laughs.:)

Meg and I finalized our wedding reception dinner last weekend.

3 rounds of Hors D'ouvers served butler sytle. (we didn't actually pick them yet.)

Soup - Cheddar Broccoli
Salad - House greens with Italian or Ranch dressing
Entree - Chicken Breast Vesuvio with a Loaded Double Baked Potato and Green Beans Almondine
Dessert - Chocolate Mousse in an Edible Chocolate Cup

Here's a kick in the pants....

We bought a bar package that was called, "Premium" liquors. I thought that that meant TOP SHELF.

That's not the case.

Top shelf liquor is in a package called, "Prestige" liquors.

If I want Top Shelf liquor, I have to add about $7 per person to the total.

I don't think I will be doing that.

Money money money money......

RJ

Last edited by a moderator:
RJ - don't you just love kinda, sorta, more than likely FALSE advertising! That is a kick in the pants and eventually someone may hold them accountable!

Your menu sounds great - thanks for posting it for us. Best of luck to both of you.

Congratulations!!

Ardge, congratulations on your upcoming wedding. Just one question what is chicken breast vesuvio? It sounds like a chicken volcano. ;) Seriously, your menu sounds great and I wish you and Megan the best.

My brother is also getting married in May of '08. The menu has not been finalized, but they are leaning towards an outdoor BBQ with tri-tip.

Meg and I had narrowed the entree selection to Chicken Limon and Chicken Vesuvio. We had them both when we went for our tasting. From what I can surmise, Chicken Breast Vesuvio is a breast of chicken sauteed in butter and/or olive oil and seasoned with garlic, basil, oregano and salt and pepper. A splash or two of white wine at the end of the cooking process finishes the dish. It was awesome.

Chicken Limon tasted like Chicken with a very thin lemon curd on top of it. It didn't do anything for me at all. Megan (who loves lemon) thought it was ok, but very much dug the vesuvio.

Back
Top Bottom