"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 07-03-2008, 07:21 AM   #11
Master Chef
Gordon Ramsay in an incredibly talented chef and business person is supposedly a very nice man. IMO 90% of the attitude he shows on HC is made-for-tv drama. I love him.

But the contestants ... not so much this year. I found them to be an unimpressive lot. Short on creativity and skills. Very lacking in the personality department. I can't see either Christina or Petrozza running a restaurant, though IMO the are the cream of a very poor crop of contestants.

Less is not more. More is more and more is fabulous.
jennyema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 08:03 AM   #12
Executive Chef
Our newspaper writes that Chef Ramsay will be on Jay Leno tonight. Wonder why? I realize it wasn't easy for him to get where he is but does he have to be so rough to the people trying to do something for him? He throws things around and tells them cruel things about their physical appearance and character. This truly hurts to watch this. I wonder how his blood pressure is doing? Many times people don't care for his dishes. Once in while, I think he needs someone to not approve of everything he does. Don't like to write this but we are not perfect in everything. I bet it bothers him to no end when someone tells him they don't care for something.

On the Hell's Kitchen, he does seem like he prefers Christine but according to the rest of you Petrozza does have a chance. Petrozza does seem like a kind person and t alented person. Maybe his experience and age have lot to do with it. I do like the show and enjoy others doing the cooking instead of being in the kitchen all the time myself. i remind myself of Pet rozza with all the mess around him. I am guilty of not cleaning everything right away. If I had dishwasher I don't know if I would be doing anything different.

I hope you will all watch the show and look forward to your feelings about who got to be finalist and why. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

In the Kitchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 10:20 AM   #13
Executive Chef
My husband gets more than a little annoyed when I watch HK. There are a number of reasons which I'll spare you. I like the show. I like him. I like the format. I hate him. The contestants are often times [to me anyway] mediocre. I mean any one on this web site could be a potential winner on the show. I worry for Chef's blood pressure and think it may not be smart to continue on screaming at people, it'll only pull him down in many ways.

My guess about the winner is simply due to it being [seemingly] a no brainer, the winner will be Christina. It won't matter to me as I won't be going to GR's restaurant in West Hollywood, not a town I'm fond of frequenting.
...Trials travel best when you're taking the transportation known as prayer...SLRC
LEFSElover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 12:23 PM   #14
Executive Chef
I love Hell's Kitchen! But I've noticed that people either really like it or really hate it.

It's interesting to see people's opinion on the 2 finalists. I think that Petrozza is the best candidate to win. To me, he seems to get that "the buck stops with him". I haven't seen him trying to lay blame on others when he messed up or waste time berating others when they make a mistake. I would think that would be an asset in a kitchen. If your kitchen staff knows that you won't use them as scape-goats for your own mistakes, I would think it would make for a very loyal staff who would be willing to give 110%. On the flip side, I worry that he might not be able to stay in complete control of all the staff, especially during service. He might be a little too nice, but I think he would develop that quickly. Still, I've never worked in a kitchen so I don't know what the heck I'm talking about here. I'm enjoying readin what ya'll think - especially those of you in the business.
Fisher's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 01:57 PM   #15
Executive Chef
Originally Posted by Fisher's Mom View Post
I love Hell's Kitchen! But I don't know what the heck I'm talking about here. I'm enjoying readin what ya'll think -
Too funny, Fisher's Mom! LOL LOL LOL!!!
quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 02:03 PM   #16
Executive Chef
I know, it's really funny that I'm here at DC at all. I swear, my kids laugh like hyenas at the "Certified Executive Chef" under my user name.
Fisher's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 03:21 PM   #17
Executive Chef
I'm not a fan, mainly because of the quality of the contestants on the show. I'd much rather watch a show where the people more skilled than me (Top Chef) rather than one where they are not. I swear that when they screen contestants for Hell's Kitchen, they choose them based on how much they can piss off Ramsay.
"Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it."
Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
ironchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 05:37 PM   #18
Senior Cook
Send a message via AIM to stinemates Send a message via MSN to stinemates Send a message via Yahoo to stinemates Send a message via Skype™ to stinemates
I thought Bobby was going to win. He's better than these 2 hands down at running a restaurant.
stinemates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 06:10 PM   #19
Senior Cook
We just had the final of the 1st series of Hells Kitchen in Australia last Night.

Am glad Michael won and not Ralph.

Vegemite - Just say no!!
knight76 is offline   Reply With Quote