Hell's Kitchen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In the Kitchen

Executive Chef
Anyone watch this show, Hell's Kitchen? It is down to two finalists and I would like to know your opinion on who you think will get it? My brother has started watching and doesn't know how anyone could work under those conditions with the Chef Ramsay yelling all the time. i told him that it probably goes on in most kitchens of restaurants. The one girl is from Missouri and has gone to school for cooking. I do like to watch the dishes they prepare and the whole elimination thing but I thought last night was the final and now have to wait till next week. I just hope it will be recorded as I won't be here next week. Isn't that always the way?

I.T.K., I thought last night was the last too.
What a waste. 3/4 of show was re-showing clips from the past. It wasn't a tease. It was boring.
Clearly CHEF R. thinks the guy is a PIG, and the girl has won 9 different challenges.
So, even though I'm usually wrong, I'll have to vote for her.
I don't think either was a very strong candidate though.

I agree, I cant imagine having either one of them running my restaurant under my name and reputation. I assume they dont get as much responsibility or power as they make it seem. It appears The guy is kinda laid back and the girl has an attitude and can be the B word. But judging from Ramsey's demeanor, maybe thats what he wants. But, she is kinda young, and im not sure how that would fly in a kitchen trying to get respect. Guess we will find out next week.

Im also looking foward to the kitchen disaster show, because he filmed it a a restaurant in my town, and im curious to see if anyone i know was there durng the filming. I actually wanted to stop by there after they filmed , but im not crazy about the new menu. The old menu seemed to be more up my alley

Petrozzo should get it because of his age and experience, but the girl will win.
PIG FOULMOUTH "Chef" Ramsey likes his wimmen! (At least that's my opinion from
watching 3 seasons and watching him).

That said, neither one impresses me.

Neither does Ramsey. Where does he get off telling them that to run a kitchen they
must be mean and bossy and foul mouthed?
Based on the way he treats and trains these poor schmucks, I wouldn't eat in any
of his establishments, even if it is all for TV. No respect for the man.
I do watch the show, however, like a train wreck attracts gawkers, LOL!
And I like kitchen disasters.

OK, mini rant over, all opinons are mine and not the owners or moderators of DC.com. ;)

My take on CR is a little different. I see him as a coach who is trying to make his team better. They all yell and swear and threaten and throw things and generally act like jack asses.

However, if it didn't work more often than not, they wouldn't do it.

Cooking in a busy restaurant, particularly an upscale restaurant, puts the staff under tremendous pressure. Both the service and the food have to be excellent, and the difference between excellent food and dried out salmon is about 45 seconds in a hot pan.

So I think he is purposely testing them under extreme pressure, because that is what the job will be.

OK, mini rant over, all opinons are mine and not the owners or moderators of DC.com. ;)

No problem, that's already stated in our Community Policies :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I think the girl will win also.

Ramsey is that way because it sure is a quick learn - you learn and don't want to have to hear the wrath again. There are plenty of kitchens like that, certainly not all of them. The only time I saw the chef I worked under get that infuriated was when he made 11 filets - well, it was his fault - it was just a two-top and that's a major rule - always look at the number of people at the table before you go cooking a large qty like that and the extra 1 was actually a piece of dill that got stuck to the ticket :ohmy: :w00t:

He threw all the extras on the floor - we even to offered to pay cost so he wouldn't actually lose any money - nope, not good enough - everyone got slinged against a wall and fell on the floor.

Ramsey actually told the last three essentially that they weren't being mean enough
when they were "running" the line. There is no reason for that.
I've been a manager of low and high end employees, worked in a fair number of
kitchens, and you DO catch more flies with honey.
Maybe it was all just for "good TV", but he lost all of my respect as a manager of people.

Think Petrozza has got it. He's without a doubt the better chef, and seemed to run things well. That said... He's got JEN on his team, so look out! :ohmy:

I watch it. I think the first season was better. no drama jsut struggling cooks looking to advance there career. now its those wannabes i guess you can call them.

I think petrozza will win and should win but I am like enough with teh risotto. Do something that isnt known on hells kitchen.

I think christina is still i nschool at hte CIA. While its a good school she doesnt have much expereince.

either way the final is always good and i think Jen is going to mess it up.

I told my freind when we watched it that I would just go a person down then have either jen or matt on my team.

Gordon Ramsay in an incredibly talented chef and business person is supposedly a very nice man. IMO 90% of the attitude he shows on HC is made-for-tv drama. I love him.

But the contestants ... not so much this year. I found them to be an unimpressive lot. Short on creativity and skills. Very lacking in the personality department. I can't see either Christina or Petrozza running a restaurant, though IMO the are the cream of a very poor crop of contestants.

Our newspaper writes that Chef Ramsay will be on Jay Leno tonight. Wonder why? I realize it wasn't easy for him to get where he is but does he have to be so rough to the people trying to do something for him? He throws things around and tells them cruel things about their physical appearance and character. This truly hurts to watch this. I wonder how his blood pressure is doing? Many times people don't care for his dishes. Once in while, I think he needs someone to not approve of everything he does. Don't like to write this but we are not perfect in everything. I bet it bothers him to no end when someone tells him they don't care for something.

On the Hell's Kitchen, he does seem like he prefers Christine but according to the rest of you Petrozza does have a chance. Petrozza does seem like a kind person and t alented person. Maybe his experience and age have lot to do with it. I do like the show and enjoy others doing the cooking instead of being in the kitchen all the time myself. i remind myself of Pet rozza with all the mess around him. I am guilty of not cleaning everything right away. If I had dishwasher I don't know if I would be doing anything different.

I hope you will all watch the show and look forward to your feelings about who got to be finalist and why. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

My husband gets more than a little annoyed when I watch HK. There are a number of reasons which I'll spare you. I like the show. I like him. I like the format. I hate him. The contestants are often times [to me anyway] mediocre. I mean any one on this web site could be a potential winner on the show. I worry for Chef's blood pressure and think it may not be smart to continue on screaming at people, it'll only pull him down in many ways.

My guess about the winner is simply due to it being [seemingly] a no brainer, the winner will be Christina. It won't matter to me as I won't be going to GR's restaurant in West Hollywood, not a town I'm fond of frequenting.

Last edited:
I love Hell's Kitchen! But I've noticed that people either really like it or really hate it.

It's interesting to see people's opinion on the 2 finalists. I think that Petrozza is the best candidate to win. To me, he seems to get that "the buck stops with him". I haven't seen him trying to lay blame on others when he messed up or waste time berating others when they make a mistake. I would think that would be an asset in a kitchen. If your kitchen staff knows that you won't use them as scape-goats for your own mistakes, I would think it would make for a very loyal staff who would be willing to give 110%. On the flip side, I worry that he might not be able to stay in complete control of all the staff, especially during service. He might be a little too nice, but I think he would develop that quickly. Still, I've never worked in a kitchen so I don't know what the heck I'm talking about here. I'm enjoying readin what ya'll think - especially those of you in the business.

I'm not a fan, mainly because of the quality of the contestants on the show. I'd much rather watch a show where the people more skilled than me (Top Chef) rather than one where they are not. I swear that when they screen contestants for Hell's Kitchen, they choose them based on how much they can piss off Ramsay.

We just had the final of the 1st series of Hells Kitchen in Australia last Night.

Am glad Michael won and not Ralph.

Back
Top Bottom