"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-09-2008, 02:14 PM   #11
Head Chef

Something else I noticed, when they had assembled Exec Chefs from other Ramsay
restaurants for a challenge... none of the previous winners were in the group, that
I recognized. hmmmmmmmm

Old 07-09-2008, 02:45 PM   #12
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrillingFool View Post
Something else I noticed, when they had assembled Exec Chefs from other Ramsay
restaurants for a challenge... none of the previous winners were in the group, that I recognized. hmmmmmmmm
GF, I noticed that too. Our DD says that the girl who won is in another restaurant in Red Rock, not exec chef at original place there and wasn't for long at all. She knows a server there.

Old 07-09-2008, 03:15 PM   #13
Head Chef

KInda like Next Food Network Stars, not including Guy, LOLOLOLOL!
Old 07-09-2008, 05:08 PM   #14
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillBurgh View Post
This is the first season I watched ...
Same here.

Quote:
... and the whole series seemed (and likely was) "staged." Especially based on the CAST of CHARACTERS they let through to be competitors. we all knew who the finalists would be from episode one!

Are staged and manipulated the same?

I believe the contestants were carefully chosen, profiled and psych evaluated, and the producers got just what they were getting. And I'm sure there was a measure of "Jerry Springer Puppet Mastering ' going on.

I see HK being the audition for a probation period as Exec Chef for Ramsey.

I wanted Petroza to win but agree with Chris getting it.

Bobby, Ben, Lou, Cory seemed to understand the finaly was an opportunity to advance their careers.

Matt still doesn't get it.

I'm sure Jen will never be silenced but will anyone be listening?
Old 07-11-2008, 03:27 PM   #15
Executive Chef

Nice guys finish last? This really was a definite 'downer' for me. Really! Petrozza seemed to be just too nice. I could see Christine winning but then I got mad that Petrozza even tried. I just resent someone being disappointed when this guy was so caring for other contestants. He even wanted to put him self up for getting axed as he knew he did not do well that night. I just feel Ramsay worked it so Christine would outshine Petrozza with her knowledge. I think Corey would have been more of a competitor than Pet rozza, she has hair on her teeth. But as Ramsay coordinated the winners and losers, he put Petrozza on the guillotine. Just made Christine look more qualified than someone who had big heart.

As Petrozza said, she was just 'snot nosed kid'. I could not agree more. Christine just seemed to confident for me and the one time she cried and Ramsay fell for it. Well, one thing I know, I will never ever eat at her restaurant. I have too much feeling for eating food that took the prize from Petrozza. Do you agree that nice guys do finish last?

Just think I watched every show that made her the winner. What a waste.If I sound cynical I am. I'll get over it.