help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ang35cim

Assistant Cook
I have a interview with a 5 star chef for his kitchen today and i"m scard to death!!!!!! I've been cooking for over 20 years but mostly bar and breakfast cooking I can can't even compair with these guys but i know a lot and I'm serve safe certified but most of all i can copy any thing i'm shown. so what should i exspect in the interview and any tips on landingthis job I really want this.............:chef::huh:

I have never cooked professionally so I do not have any specific tips that would be helpful for you, but I just wanted to wish you luck.

I see you are in Boston. What restaurant is it (if you don't mind sharing)?

The Franklin cafe. they own 2 one in Biston and One on cape Ann there opening a new one in south boston.... But thanks.....

I have never been there, but have heard great things. Let us know how the interview goes!

Wish you had posted sooner because I'm sure there are plenty who would have been able to give great suggestions, but they probably wont see the post in time....:(
Best of luck though, if you love to cook then just cook from your heart and I'm sure they will be able to taste it! :chef:

Keep us updated on how you do!

That's pretty exciting.
I can't give you any advice either...sorry about that!
Just wanted to add my "GOOD LUCK!" Be yourself and have fun!!!

Wish I could give you advice but my culinary skills are limited to the Food network and the good people at DC!!

I do wish you the best of luck and keep you in my prayers!:)

too bad i didnt see this eariler.

be confident in yourself and your ablility and the rest will take care of it self.

so how did it go?

maybe your trailing today?

HEY guys for all you foodies that read this or replyed THAnK YOU SO MUCH!!!

I have not got the call yet but he said they'd call by the end of this week!!!
I think it went well,i felt good and they seemed relaxed and enjoying me the interview was going to be about 20 min they said but they talked to me for about 45 good sign? maybe i'll keep you posted!!

ohh ya did you see any of me work in the photos????? let me know

I would say it is a very good sign that the interview lasted more than twice as long as they said it would. If they did not like you then they would have been anxious to get you out of there. Best of luck and let us know how it turns out.

Back
Top Bottom