Help! I need lighting help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

licia

Executive Chef
We are having a cookout in the pasture in less than 2 weeks. About 50-60 people. I REALLY need some ideas for lighting. We will have a fire pit, but it doesn't give enough light. Also will have a few tiki torches, but need something that puts out more light. I welcome all suggestions.

There are some really attractive an inexpensive solar lighting things available. They are kind of like torches, in that they are on spikes and can be moved to where in the garden you want them, and then stay there or be moved. I think they nomally give about seven hours of light.

I use old jam jars with nightlights n them for al fresco though. I know its not the safest option but its the most attractive, imo. You can use clear glass with white candles, or with bright coloured ones. If I had kids around I would get some glass paint and have them brightly paint the jars. If its not to dry you can make LONG hangles for the jar out f wire and suspend them from tree branches, but if its dry this is obviously a fire risk.

I`ve done a similar thing myself but used a small 1200W petrol generator and rope lights, maybe you can ask the guests if anyone has a small portable genny, out of 60 folks someone`s bound to say yes :)
failing that, a ring of cars with lights on is also good.
there`s huricane lamps and glow sticks also :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom