Help me experienced moms and grandmas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Siegal

Sous Chef
My 19 month old keeps vomiting especially after she eats all day today. Once she is done vomiting she seems normal doesn't act or look sick and is happy and playing.. I'm going to call the dr but need to wait till tm morning. Any idea what it could be? Should I worry?

How is her behavior while she is vomiting? Just throwing up and then fine, or does she seem to be in pain while she is vomiting? My daughter threw up when she was working on getting her molars in.

Let us know how it goes with the doctor. :flowers:

Her face turns red and her eyes puffy and teary but then seems ok or goes back to sleep

everything, what else with the eggs, fish and steak? And what is the same from day to day. It may be an allergy to something she has everyday.

Only vomited today: also ate fruit purees, a piece of cheese, cereal, sweet potato,

I think that's it

Only vomited today: also ate fruit purees, a piece of cheese, cereal, sweet potato,

I think that's it

Okay, I thought you meant it was every day. This is all something she has eaten before?

Make sure you are giving her plenty of fluids. Is she running a higher temp?

on edit: no more regular food, just rice cereal and bananas until she gets better or sees the doctor.

Last edited:
Yes no new food. After she kept vomiting I Gave her dry cereal but she didn't eat it but wanted my steak so I gave it to her ( bad idea in hindsight) she threw up again later just water....

She has no fever but was sick with minor fever and cough last week.... My poor baby

I would get some pedialyte for her while she is being sick. She needs the electrolytes and fluids, her body will absorb some even if she vomits.

Thanks. She's sleeping now in my bed. As I was changing her dirty sheets she fell asleep on my bed but at least she's not vomiting

Thanks. She's sleeping now in my bed. As I was changing her dirty sheets she fell asleep on my bed but at least she's not vomiting

I'm not a pediatric nurse...so I'm just giving you general guidelines. If she keeps it up, you may need to take her to the ER. It's so easy for babies to get severely dehydrated.

Back
Top Bottom