Help Me Name This Little Guy!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crewsk

Master Chef
This is our newest edition & he dosen't have a name yet. He's 6 weeks old & his favorite place to hide is inside our loveseat.

Attachments

• DS2_1122.JPG
    DS2_1122.JPG
    328.1 KB · Views: 156
  • DS2_1128.JPG
    DS2_1128.JPG
    312.1 KB · Views: 154
He is a beautiful little guy! I can't offer any names for you.... I usually have to be around the animal for a bit to determine a name. Their personality is usually what triggers something for me. But if I come up with anything that does not sound cheesy (a few names popped in mind, but dang, is that the best I can do??).

Nermal? Cuz he is just oh so too cute??:-p

But seriously, have you asked your kids if they have any idea? I am sure they do!! He is going to be a part of your family, I think he deserves a name that was created from the hearts of his family...:)

Thanks kadesma, sattie, & urmaniac! He was a little bit of a surprise for us. Our cat Nut got outside & ran off for a couple of days & before we knew it, she had this little guy. He was the only one! So, we are up to 2 cats, 1 kitten, 2 fish, & a dog. Any more pets & we could open up a petting zoo!!:rolleyes:

The kids said something about naming him Buttercup, but that's just too girly.

Last edited:
There was a cat that used to hang around the condo I lived in that was gray. I called him Shade because of his color plus he liked to lay in the shade.

His coloring reminds me of a dog that I see on a Chihuahua forum that I belong to.... his name is Jax. I thought the name was fitting for him and he is such a beautiful dog. The gray on your little guy made me think of him.

vagriller said:
Cats are cool.:cool:

Yep, I have a very deep attachment with my 2 older cats & one quickly forming with this one. It's hard not to since I witnessed the births of all 3 of them.

Sattie, I like the name Jax. Maybe we'll name him Jack, it's close but I wouldn't feel like I was taking someone elses name.

"Buttercup" doesn't strike me as particularly girly, really, sounds absolutely cute and fitting for that little one!! I like it:)

Urmaniac, that little one will get bigger & if he takes after who I think his father is, he'll be a monster!:ohmy: I'm just not sold on Buttercup.

Maybe our other pets names will help out some. Mama cat's name is Nut, at #2 is Tater, & the dog is Mack. We didn't name the fish because we didn't think they'd be around this long.

How about Nickels? For all the silver/gray in his fur. He could be Nicky or Nick for short.

Here are some pics of my mom's cats. The orange cat is about 22 lbs! My dad built the "deck" so the cats could get in and out of the cat door.

Attachments

• Boomer.JPG
    Boomer.JPG
    287.5 KB · Views: 148
  • catdoor.JPG
    catdoor.JPG
    327.1 KB · Views: 169
He is sooooo cute!!!!! He needs a strong and yet cuddley name. We had one many years ago that my daughters called Snarf, after the sound that Pinky would make on "Pinky & the Brain." Snarf was very smart and we have yet to figure out how he knew it was my husband calling on the phone and he would pull the receiver off the base; only when hubby called, no one else. If my Mom could see this I know what she would name him (she did name her Beta this some years ago too), "Gorgeous George."

crewsk said:
I like that pds!

Vagriller, they are beautiful!

Thanks! The orange one (Boomer) is getting very old. He has a hard time jumping off the couch anymore. My mom will be very sad when he dies.:( The other cat (Sissy) has a drooling problem, but she's very nice.

vagriller, they are both beautiful!!! Doe Sissy have problems with her teeth? I ask because the cats I have that have had a drooling thing had teeth problems.

Shunka said:
vagriller, they are both beautiful!!! Doe Sissy have problems with her teeth? I ask because the cats I have that have had a drooling thing had teeth problems.

I don't know. They are in Montana with my folks. I am in Virginia. I've never thought to ask.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom