Help needed Re: Personal e-mail acct

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mysterychef

Senior Cook
I have a question . Can I unsubscribe e-mail notices sent to my personal account? It sounded like a good idea when I first registered. Every day my mailbox is full of notices from the threads. I have been trying to figure it out in the control panel without success. Thanks for any help. mysterychef

Go to your User CP. Scroll down the left side until you see Edit Options. Then a short way down you will see Messaging & Notification. That is where your email notification settings are, in the little drop down box. Make sure you go to the bottom of the page and save your changes.

When I do this It asks for password. Then I try to delete e-mail address and then hit save changes, next screen says it must have e-mail address I'm confused.

Try this...go to User CP, Find edit options in the left sidebar under Settings and Options, Scroll down to Default Thread Subscription Mode under Messaging and Notifications.
Click the down arrow and select No Email Notification. Scroll all the way to the bottom and select Save Changes.
In my experience this will not stop email about previous threads you are subscribed to.
But we can get you through that after we get done with this step.
Give it a try.

User CP, Edit Options, Default Thread Subscription Mode, Drop Down Menu, select No email Notification.

When I do this It asks for password. Then I try to delete e-mail address and then hit save changes, next screen says it must have e-mail address I'm confused.

Hi. I think you have to provide an email address in order to have an account on the forum, but you can change the Messaging & Notification options so that you don't receive emails. For example, under Default Thread Subscription Mode, make sure Do Not Subscribe is selected. Look at all the options and make sure they reflect what you want to receive.

One thing that occurs to me is that I am not certain which version of D.C. you are using. I use Version 1.
To remove your previous subscriptions, go back to the navigation sidebar in User CP and scroll to and click List Subscriptions. This will take you all the threads you are subscribed to.
Look all the way to the right and you will an empty box beside each subscription. If you look and the top (in the header bar), you will see an empty box there as well. If you want to cancel all the subscriptions, click that box. Otherwise you can select threads individually that you want removed.
You will need to do this for every page of subscriptions that appear at top top left where it says Page 1 - whatever.
Scroll to the bottom and look for a drop down menu that says Selected threads:Move to Folder.
In that drop down menu under Update Subscription Type, select No e mail Notification and click GO.
That should do it.

Last edited:
Thanks everybody for the help. Hoot, I have tried your instructions and everything appears to have happened the way you specified. Ill know better in a couple of days. Thanks again.

One thing that occurs to me is that I am not certain which version of D.C. you are using. I use Version 1.
To remove your previous subscriptions, go back to the navigation sidebar in User CP and scroll to and click List Subscriptions. This will take you all the threads you are subscribed to.
Look all the way to the right and you will an empty box beside each subscription. If you look and the top (in the header bar), you will see an empty box there as well. If you want to cancel all the subscriptions, click that box. Otherwise you can select threads individually that you want removed.
You will need to do this for every page of subscriptions that appear at top top left where it says Page 1 - whatever.
Scroll to the bottom and look for a drop down menu that says Selected threads:Move to Folder.
In that drop down menu under Update Subscription Type, select No e mail Notification and click GO.
That should do it.

Thanks Hoot. I have an empty e-mail box today.

Glad to help. Every now and then I still get an email notice where someone posted on an old thread, but it sure is nice not to have to wade through a bunch of emails even though it was cool in the beginning.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom