"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-01-2008, 04:34 AM   #1
Assistant Cook

Help to design new kitchen dispenser

Hi everyone

Im a final year product design student, and im currently working on designing a healthy snack dispenser for the kitchen, to encourage kids and adults to snack on healthy snacks rather than crisps and chocolate.

I really want to design something that people would actually want, and to help me do this I have set up a little website where I can post up all my designs and ideas. I am hoping some of you will take the time to look at my site and comment on the work I am doing. Ideally I would love to have a group of people who go on my site regularly and contribute their ideas and thoughts.

Design With Me

I Would really really apprieciate your help and input. The more people use my site, the more successful it is, and the more likely I am to get a good degree :)

Thanks!

Old 03-01-2008, 04:36 AM   #2
Executive Chef

Didn't you post this some time ago and a lot of us commented on it then? Has it changed?

Old 03-01-2008, 04:44 AM   #3
Assistant Cook

I did, but the admin took it down because I didnt have enough posts to have a URL up :(
Old 03-01-2008, 04:44 AM   #4
Assistant Cook

What I really really need is people using the mini forum on the website to make comments, that would be so useful to me!
Old 03-04-2008, 06:53 AM   #5
Assistant Cook

Ive been getting some great responses on my product mini-forum on my website, but I need more!

If any of you could take a couple of minutes to have a look at my ideas for kitchen dipensers and leave a few thoughts in the forum, that would be excellent. Im about to move onto the next stage of development of a few of the designs, and your comments could steer me in a particular direction.
If you keep checking back to the website you will see the designs developing and changing depending on the feedback I get. This is a new and different way of designing, which really excites me.

Thanks!
Old 03-04-2008, 06:54 AM   #6
Assistant Cook

the direct link to the designs forum is here...

Design With Me
Old 05-23-2008, 11:12 AM   #7
Assistant Cook

Hi,

I havent posted on this forum for a while, but i thought maybe a few of you would be interested in seeing the nearly complete snack storage/dispensing unit prototype. Just a few more things need to be decided, like the final aesthetic finish. I have a poll on my website that I would really apprieciate as many people taking part in as possible! Only a week to go now untill my hand in date!! arghh!

Design With Me

Thanks!