Help to find a chicken salad recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
oh, thanks pf. sorry zee, i'm dense like that sometimes.

here you have barefoot contessa's chicken salad recipe. it is very close to the one i was desperately seeking with my thread.
to her recipe, i am adding: a few squirts of lemon juice to the mayo, some minced red onion and nuts--either walnuts or slivered almonds. thanks again everybody, for helping me with my supper plans for tonight.:)
Barefoot Contessa - Recipes - Chicken Salad Veronique

Last edited:

here you have barefoot contessa's chicken salad recipe. it is very close to the one i was desperately seeking with my thread.
to her recipe, i am adding: a few squirts of lemon juice to the mayo, some minced red onion and nuts--either walnuts or slivered almonds. thanks again everybody, for helping me with my supper plans for tonight.:)

Those sound like good additions to the recipe Vit. I always laugh when Barefoot Contessa says to use "good" mayo, like we would choose bad mayo? Personally, I think anything other than Best Foods (Hellmann's) is bad mayo, but that's just me. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Those sound like good additions to the recipe Vit. I always laugh when Barefoot Contessa says to use "good" mayo, like we would choose bad mayo? Personally, I think anything other than Best Foods (Hellmann's) is bad mayo, but that's just me. :rolleyes:

Me, too. Or "good" olive oil :LOL::rolleyes: Bad olive oil would taste, um, bad! ;)

It sounds like the old Martha Stewart. She would always say to use "only the very best" Then she got a flood of letters from the viewers complaining that a lot of folks can't afford "only the very best like she could". So now she will say to use, "the best (fill in the blank) you can afford. :angel:

Can you find them in less than 3 minutes???:ROFLMAO:

In my little kitchen easily, um, well... a few of the measuring cups are in different containers, like the 1/4 cup in the container of popcorn, and a whole cup measure in with the biscuit mix.

I probably would have trouble finding every one. In fact, when I couldn't find the size I needed a couple of months ago, I gave up and bought another set.

I guess you're right again, Princess! dang it!

In my little kitchen easily, um, well... a few of the measuring cups are in different containers, like the 1/4 cup in the container of popcorn, and a whole cup measure in with the biscuit mix.

I probably would have trouble finding every one. In fact, when I couldn't find the size I needed a couple of months ago, I gave up and bought another set.

I guess you're right again, Princess! dang it!

Did it occur to you to use some of the smaller ones repeating the filling over and over until you had to total of the amount needed? :angel:

Vitauta...sounds like it might be a variation on a coronation chicken salad (which has grapes and mayo but not the fennel).

http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipes/tag-2881/coronation-chicken-recipes.aspx
http://www.nigella.com/recipes/view/coronation-chicken-1512
I can vouch for this one even though it's not exactly what you are looking for. It used to be a stalwart of the buffets I used to do when I ran my catering business and it was always very popular. My recipe was exactly the same as Nigella's but she would have been in her pram when I was making it. I got it from a part-work published in the 1970s called "Good Cooking". No stranger to plagiarism, our Nige!

Coronation Chicken is usually credited to Constance Spry and Rosemary Hume who prepared it for one of the parties at the time of the coronation of HM Queen in 1953 but similar dishes are much older than that. Spry and Hume didn't use either grapes or apricot jam but I think they make the dish.

Last edited:

I add wild rice, green onions, and use toasted slivered almonds. Didn't know it would have a name.

Back
Top Bottom