Help to find the value

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SizzlininIN

Master Chef
In my parents estate there is a large tiller and I'm having trouble finding the value of this item so that I can get a fair price when I go to sell it. Is anyone here knowledgeable about tillers that can give me a base value

Green Thumb Tiller
5hp
The tines are on the back

Thanks

No idea for that particular one? I own 2 tillers/rotovators. the newer one I wouldn`t take less than less than £600 for (about $1000), the old Briggs and Stratton (1974) I`de settle for £150 ($230).

without seeing it and knowing a little about it (like buying a Bike), it`s very hard to say.

have you had a flick around eBay for similar items, that Might give you at least a Ballpark figure :)

Yes I went to Ebay but nothing. I googled and only coming up with questions people have presented regarding parts.

Thanks YT! I'll check it out. Someone suggested that f all else fails then I should take a pic and go to a few lawn and garden places around here that sell and repair tillers and see if they can give me an idea.

Hi Sizz,
I couldn't find much info on the Green Thumb brand, but one post seemed to indicate that it was powered by a Briggs & Stratton engine. Based upon that info,(if that is what you have) I found a Craftsman brand rear tine tiller model with a 6hp B&S motor for $529.88 and a Poulan brand rear tine tiller with a 875 series B&S motor for $599.99.
Hope this helps:)

don't know anything about the pricing, but as a long time owner of a rototiller, the rear tined ones are usually a better quality unit than the front tines. So you have a tiller that an experienced user would be happy to purchase!

Back
Top Bottom