Help with a stray cat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
and from WV..

My second husband grew up in Spencer, Roane County. He was a definite hillbilly. His mother comes from the McCoys. Her father was a coal miner and had three wives. She was born in Pike County, KY. :ohmy:

My grandfather was a coal miner (he only had 1 wife), my husband is a foreman/ supervisor in the mines (I'm his 3rd wife and let me tell you I did not know that I was before I married him.. grounds for divorce??? yes? eventually you all will tell me yes to something ;).)
My father is a civil engineer and his brother is a physician so they escaped the mines ^^

What! I have beautiful teeth, hrmm I guess except for that one which I don't want to part with. Good thing it is in the back of my mouth, I am a "teeth' person, I don't want to be toothless.. and from WV.. I hate going barefoot and lord knows I am definitely not pregnant! :LOL:

I took two quick pictures last night. My child thinks the cat has to be covered so he draped a blanket over him :ermm: The cat sleeps on a random pillow too.. he sleeps a lot! I can't get any action pictures unless ya know, you want to see him in the litter box.. that's about all the action he does :LOL:

you do know that you are going to keep this cat. i am sure there is a group somewhere that will help you with vet bills. ask your local shelter. they might know of someone.

It sounds like you have other pets. Some vets have "multiple pet household" discounts. To get one you usually have to have more than two (two doesn't usually qualify), maybe 3 or 4. If you are already not getting such a thing, ask your vet if you qualify (you also usually have to have a rep with the vet for doing the regular exam, shots, and using that vet clinic regularly, not shopping around for each procedure).

Claire, nope no other animals, but I have had some in the past.

Mr. all I do is sleep cat decided to chase my 8 year old last night and scratch him, now he is terrified of the cat. I'm sure it was just following its natural instincts. anywho, off to work :ermm:

I would take her to the shelter and tell them you found her and are unable to care for her. They will make sure she gets a checkup, etc.

No they will not. Animal shelters do not offer veterinary care for animals. They'll keep the cat for a few days and if no one claims it, they'll euthanize it. If they think it is sick, they'll euthanize it as soon as you walk out the door. Animal shelter is a misnomer and they are NOT your pet's best friend!

Animal rescue or welfare groups usually have arrangements with local vets for treatment. They might be able to help you. Also, if you do turn the cat over to a group or shelter, please be sure they are a no-kill organization.

NO KILL is also a misnomer. They will keep the animal in the No Kill shelter for a certain period of time, but after that, if no one claims the animal, they will make room by moving the animals that have been there longest to another shelter where the animal will be euthanized.

The cat sleeps on a random pillow too.. he sleeps a lot! I can't get any action pictures unless ya know, you want to see him in the litter box.. that's about all the action he does :LOL:

Cats can sleep up to 20 hours a day. Most of mine do, and one of them snores! In fact, she is sleeping behind me right now, and has already cut up about two cords of wood.

If you want action, get yourself a laser pointer. I have never met a cat that can resist it. Even my usually sedentary Himilayan will chase that little red dot across the floor, down the hallway and 5 feet up the wall!

Last edited:
Sir_Loin_of_Beef said:
Cats can sleep up to 20 hours a day. Most of mine do, and one of them snores! In fact, she is sleeping behind me right now, and has already cut up about two cords of wood.

If you want action, get yourself a laser pointer. I have never met a cat that can resist it. Even my usually sedentary Himilayan will chase that little red dot across the floor, down the hallway and 5 feet up the wall!

My cat follows the dot with his head for a little while, and will sometimes chase it once, but then he just glares at me. And he has a good glare!

This is what he likes to chase:

image-2114296502.jpg

He glares lol

image-2301212930.jpg

Last edited:
My cat follows the dot with his head for a little while, and will sometimes chase it once, but then he just glares at me. And he has a good glare!

This is what he likes to chase:

View attachment 14488

He glares lol

View attachment 14489
He does have a good glare. :LOL:

Mine tires quickly of the laser pointer. He's a hunter too, but only mice.

taxlady said:
He does have a good glare. :LOL:

Mine tires quickly of the laser pointer. He's a hunter too, but only mice.

Golly catches anything that moves. He's hardcore lol. I've only ever seen him with one squirrel tho. They must be hard to get.

Golly catches anything that moves. He's hardcore lol. I've only ever seen him with one squirrel tho. They must be hard to get.
I have watched while a couple of cats teased a cat. They are hard to catch.

Mine is an indoor cat. Who knows what he would catch if he went outdoors.

No they will not. Animal shelters do not offer veterinary care for animals. They'll keep the cat for a few days and if no one claims it, they'll euthanize it. If they think it is sick, they'll euthanize it as soon as you walk out the door. Animal shelter is a misnomer and they are NOT your pet's best friend!

In your experience.

In your experience.
It varies greatly, depending on where you live. But, it's a good "heads up".

In my area, there are some privately owned shelters that will help with veterinary care, or keep the animals and pay for the vet.

Back
Top Bottom