"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-28-2005, 10:38 AM   #1
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
Question Help With Disco Look!

OK, here's my dilemma. My brother is throwing my SIL a surprise birthday party this weekend with a Disco theme. I have the outfit taken care of. That was no problem at all! My problem is hair & make-up. My hair is a little longer than shoulder length & I have no clue even where to begin! As for the make-up, all that comes to mind is the line from the movie My Girl "A girl can never have enough blue eye shadow." Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Oh, any hints for hubby an outfit? I'm planning on hitting some thrift stores this week to see if I can dig out any polyester pants & wide collared shirts. Here's the outfit I'm wearing. It's a one piece jumpsuit that was my moms, I can't believe that it actually fits me!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DS2_0962_edited.JPG
Views:	97
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	679  

Old 11-28-2005, 10:47 AM   #2
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
don't forget platform shoes!! go with the Farrah do with your hair!!

For your hubby, without a doubt

Old 11-28-2005, 10:52 AM   #3
Executive Chef

Have a look at some of the makeups used by the girls in ABBA!
Old 11-28-2005, 10:54 AM   #4
Master Chef

I don't have any platforms but I have a pair of blak heels that my mom said would be perfect. Yeah, I thought about the Farrah 'do but have no clue of where to even start to get it to look like that! That's exactly what I'm going to be on the look out for for hubby though! I need to sit down & watch Saturday Night Fever just to get in the groove before this party.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:58 AM   #5
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by crewsk
I don't have any platforms but I have a pair of blak heels that my mom said would be perfect. Yeah, I thought about the Farrah 'do but have no clue of where to even start to get it to look like that! That's exactly what I'm going to be on the look out for for hubby though! I need to sit down & watch Saturday Night Fever just to get in the groove before this party.
A round bristle brush, gel, hairdryer and lots of hair spray
See if you can find some fake eyelashes too. Lots of blue or green and silver over the eyes and under the lower eyelashes.
See if you can find hubby a light blue suit at a thrift store or something.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:05 AM   #6
Master Chef

Yeah, I was going to look for fake eyelashes too. I'm really looking forward to this party. It should be interesting! My dad was upset that my mom had gotten rid of his leasure suits but had kept 2 of her jumpsuits. She just rolled her eyes & asked him how he thought he was going to fit into one of those suits now. I have blue, green, & silver eye shadow! The 3 colors that I never use!
Old 11-28-2005, 02:15 PM   #7
Head Chef

oooh fun!

Grab a curling iron and just roll up the ends of your hair, so that the top is flat against your head and the rest kind of wings out. =P Curlers would work too. Aqua-Net hairspray is cheap and works like a charm. hehe It'll hold any 'do in place.

When I think of Disco, I think of heavy, black, liquid eye-liner and rouge that is red-colored and obvious (nothing subtle about getting dolled up back then!). Add some chunky bracelets and some hoop earrings and you're good to go.

Z
Old 11-28-2005, 02:53 PM   #8
Master Chef

I have liquid eye liner too. I think the outward curles will be easier for me to do since one side of my hair wants to do that anyway. I know all about Aqua Net! One of my cousins got a curling brush stuck in my hair with that stuff one time!

Thanks y'all for all your help!