Help with my PC -

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Problem Iam at the lake on my laptop and can not send e-mails from my Yahoo acct. - I can receive them though. Here we have cable, home DSL-ATT. And I know nothing about this thing ! Son usually does everything for me. Went to yahoo help, suggestion for others, (if isp blocks port 25 - use 587. As if I know what that means. Any help would be appreciated. Son will be up here in 9 days if not - no biggy !
Thanks, Barb L

That’s odd. You’re connected to the net since you can get to Yahoo and you can receive email. You're also posting here, so you can upoad data.........do you get an error message when you try to send and email?

Are you using Yahoo’s new Beta Mai? If so, have you tried switching back to the old version to see if that works? You can switch back and forth between beta and old email as often as you like, so that’s worth a shot.

I’ve had problems with beta before, a switching back to the old version usually fixes it....then I switch back to beta the next day to see if it has cleared itself up.

It’s easy to tell if you’re using the Beta version.

beta.JPG

If you are, then switch to the regular version.

regular.JPG

If you are not, then switch from the Old version to the Beta version. Since you can receive mail and get around the net, the problem doesn’t sound like it’s with your PC but is instead a problem with Yahoo.

to_beta.JPG

Jeekinz said:
Keltin, The Master of Screen Captures.

lol - good job man!

I loves getting down with some screen captures! :ROFLMAO:
cat_on_computer_1.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom