Help with opening a restaurant questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sam111

Cook
I am curious once somebody has bought/rent a space for a restraunt
How much would it cost approx. and who would I get in contact with for putting up the signs like say the stores like a Walmart that have the Walmart sign on the building or a sign near by the street to advertise and let the people know I am available for services.

I am good with actually installing (but it would be nice if I had some one do it as well) But I am more concerned about who I have to contact to make the signs for my restraunt business. As well I need a great company that knows how to make T shirts for all the employees (or maybe even the whole outfit who would I get in contact with for making the clothes for my company)

So the 2 questions boil down into what companies would do the outdoor advertisement signs ,...etc for my restaurant (basically the outdoor decoration for my business). And what companies would do the creating/designing of the employees work clothes.

Last edited by a moderator:
You should look for a sign company that does outdoor signage.
Look for a uniform company to make you shirts with a logo and to provide matching slacks if you want.

Call the local zoning office first. They will tell you how large of a sign you are allowed to have and where it can go in relation to the road.

Drive around the neighborhood and check out signs you like. Inquire the business owner where they got the sign. Take photos also so the sign maker has a general idea of what you want. That would be my first step.
Store front neon signs are expensive and requires periodic maintenance. Box signs are less expensive and don't require that much maintenance.

If you have some money to work with look for a marketing firm that could help coordinate the entire look of your restaurant. Signs,advertising, menus,packaging, logos, uniforms etc... They should be able to help with locating vendors to provide all of these items.

They should also be helpful in identifying a target market for your product.

I think this could pay some dividends in the long run.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom