"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-28-2006, 03:53 PM   #1
Senior Cook

Help with Posting Photos

OK, back in December, yall were very helpful with my planning a b-day party for my ds. I would like to attach some pictures so you can see what it looked like. But, I noticed that the attachment manager thing says the max file size is 400 kb. When I looked at our pictures, they're all about 1,500 to 1,600 kb! How do I make my pic's smaller?? I'm soo not a technical person!

Old 04-28-2006, 04:05 PM   #2
Sous Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to vyapti
If you have a photo editing program, you can resize them or save them at a lower resolution. A better option might be to upload them to something like image shack and post the like/use the image tag button.

Old 04-28-2006, 04:06 PM   #3
Certified Pretend Chef

You have to resize each foto to below the 400kb level. You can do this in your photo editing software by selecting the resize option and reducing the dimensions. Try a 2" size to start and see if that does the trick. Don't forget to do a 'save as' for the reduced version so your original will remain as is.
Old 04-28-2006, 05:08 PM   #4
Senior Cook

Cool! I didn't know you could do that! I now have pic's within the correct size limit! yea!