"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-03-2005, 10:34 AM   #1
Senior Cook

Send a message via AIM to CookinBlondie Send a message via MSN to CookinBlondie Send a message via Yahoo to CookinBlondie
Hey! Didn't I see you......

A lot of us are members of other forums, chat sites, and blog sites, but under different names. I just thought it would be cool for us to post the sites that we are part of, so we can chat about stuff besides cooking, and see other aspects of each others lives. I'll start...

My absolute FAVORITE site that I'm a part of, except for DC, is a place called Hi5. There, I have a photo gallery, a blog, friends testimonials, and a lot of other fun things. Give it a try! It doesn't cost anything, if you don't like it, you can leave, and you can meet and talk to people from all over with crazy characteristics. (Okay, people from all over with crazy characteristics....sounds like this place!)

Go here and register real quick. To find me, do a quick search with my email address. To get my email address, just PM me, and I'll be happy to give it to you.

Hope to see you all there! And....what cool sites are you part of?

Old 08-03-2005, 10:49 AM   #2
Master Chef

i belong to a few but got really annoyed with all the nonsense that went on at them that i quit visiting the sites. there is this one non-food one i do like but rarely go to.

Old 08-03-2005, 10:55 AM   #3
Senior Cook

Send a message via AIM to CookinBlondie Send a message via MSN to CookinBlondie Send a message via Yahoo to CookinBlondie
What is it?
Old 08-03-2005, 11:10 AM   #4
Master Chef

i'd say, but it just isn't like me to down someone publically, you know? sorry.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:25 AM   #5
Senior Cook

LoL, I didn't mean the one you didn't like, but the one you rarely go to. I guess I got the impression that you liked it. Sorry.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:30 AM   #6
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvs_food
i belong to a few but got really annoyed with all the nonsense that went on at them that i quit visiting the sites. there is this one non-food one i do like but rarely go to.

Boy you ain't just whistlin' Dixie there.

I used to be an admin on Cookin Cat until 2 cliques went to war and I got fed up with fighting the brush fire and turned the board over to a disinterested 3rd party.
I found DC and thought "Cool! Now I can just be a plain old member"

I also used to be a user on a board called Copy Kat Chats! years ago and on the Dead Food Board before it closed down.

~ Raven ~

A great nation is not built in a lifetime, but in the lifetimes of many. - Support our troops.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 11:44 AM   #7
Senior Cook

I used to be a member of a site called VGCity, but it died. LoL. I do reccomend Hi5 though, no nonsense at all, and you don't have to chat if you don't want to. Try it out!
Old 08-03-2005, 11:46 AM   #8
Executive Chef

www.myspace.com

Hardly go on there anymore though.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:51 AM   #9
Senior Cook

WHOOPS! I can't go there! Gotta be 16...Oh well!
Old 08-03-2005, 12:03 PM   #10
Master Chef

sorry i misinterpreted, cookinblondie.
i just got a new computer and don't have much of my old stuff on it, and i gave the old one away and wiped out the harddrive, so i'm not really that sure of what the site was called. i probably have it written in a notebook somewhere. i'll page through them and see if i can't find it.