"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 09-09-2007, 11:39 AM   #11
Senior Cook

You have certainly had some highs (turning 19, etc) and some real lows in the last few months. I am so sorry to read about your losses. Cherish the memories of your great-aunt. I was so sorry to read about your lifelong friend. How painful for you and all who loved him.

I hope school goes well for you. I have 2 children in college now. Do your best and be a success. You sound like such a precious soul I know the future will be good for you.

Save the baking for the holidays and then let go and bake up a storm! It'll be a good stress-reliever for you after your studies.

Check in to DC when you can and let us know how things are going for you! God Bless you!!

Old 09-09-2007, 12:36 PM   #12
The Dude Abides

Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT Send a message via Skype™ to TATTRAT
Heya, Alex.

Sorry to hear of the recent losses in your life. Never an easy thing, I know.

Stop in and keep us informed of your goings on.

Old 09-09-2007, 03:04 PM   #13
Head Chef

Send a message via AIM to goboenomo Send a message via MSN to goboenomo Send a message via Yahoo to goboenomo
I will. I'm putting my 2 weeks in tonight. Unless they offer me more money. If that's the case I'm taking no less than $10, which is reasonable, because I have been there for almost 5 years, and they have to give me the shifts I can do because of school. (Monday - Thursday)
Old 09-09-2007, 07:24 PM   #14
Executive Chef

good to see you buddy!
Old 09-09-2007, 09:42 PM   #15
Head Chef

Hi gobo - I was wondering where you'd gone to, and if you'd lost interest in cooking.

Sounds like you have a lot more going on than baking the perfect dessert. And it sounds to me like you are handling it maturely.

Best of luck! Don't push yourself too hard!

Lee
Old 09-09-2007, 11:21 PM   #16
Head Chef

Hey, Gobo! I'm very sorry to hear of your losses; my condolences. It sounds like your life is busy, to say the least. I'm glad to see you back here, and I hope you find the time to drop in when your schedule permits.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:54 PM   #17
Head Chef

Send a message via AIM to goboenomo Send a message via MSN to goboenomo Send a message via Yahoo to goboenomo
Yesterday my friend came over and we baked some cookies. When I made those green cookies (in my baking thread) we had picked out blue sugar to make them. This time he picked out pink at first. So i took a scoop and walked away. Then he took the bag and added blue, and yellow to the pink. I warned him. The cookies turned out kinda weird... hard to describe.... grey...but kinda green... with blue spots.. :S

I put my 2 weeks in on Sunday. So I'll be done for good by the 23rd. Bonus, I'll be getting an extra $600 on my last cheque for my vacation hours. :D
Old 09-11-2007, 10:56 PM   #18
The Dude Abides

Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT Send a message via Skype™ to TATTRAT
On to bigger and better things then, I am sure.

Congrats on the vacation pay, that is always a bonus.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:58 PM   #19
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Hey, gobe! When one door closes, another opens. Just have faith. You'll be fine.

About the cookies...man, those can be the best Halloween ghoulie cookies. Who needs cookies to be so cute and pristine? And, George Carlin would definitely appreciate your "unusual" cookies. Just have fun and congratulations on making a hard decision.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:07 PM   #20
Head Chef

I'm hoping that being in business will get my a summer job at my dads work (telus). He's one of the vice presidents, so I might have a good chance getting in something like the finance department.

We were originally thinking black cookies at first... he's a metalhead, so I figured he'd like the idea. I guess his "secret" side must have come out then.

I've made a fair share of unusual cookies. Like oatmeal raisin with spearment extract. Layered shortbread originally vanilla, cocoa, and strawberry (neopolitan) changed to banana, cherry, and strawberry. The green cookies. I once did cookies with so much vanilla that they came out a brown that looked like i cooked them a little long... but I didn't, they were quite soft, and very tasty. I gave some to a friend of mine and she bugged me for months to make them for her.