"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 09-08-2007, 12:22 AM   #1
Head Chef

Send a message via AIM to goboenomo Send a message via MSN to goboenomo Send a message via Yahoo to goboenomo
Hey guys.

It's goboenomo, again.

In the last several months I have been enjoying my time off school. Aside from working, I have been hanging out with my girlfriend, (1 year 7 months) playing World of Warcraft (Level 70 undead shadow priest), and hanging out with friends. I turned 19 on August 23rd, I went to a bar at midnight with my friend. It was pretty fun. The security guard told people it was my birthday, so i had people calling me and talking to me. I had a good time. Then for my actual birthday party, my parents had a limo come pick me and all my friends up and drive us to Yuk Yuk's which is a comedy show and bar. After that we went to a bar/pool hall called Le Skratch.

I haven't been baking much :(. I wanted to make a coconut cream pie, but I just never got to it. It's gonna be hard to find time to do anything now that I'm in college. I'm in a business course that will get me a degree in accounting from the university, if I keep an 80 average. I am also working while in school.. I don't think it'll work. I got up at 6 in the morning to go to class today, and was in class from 8am to 5pm, then i went straight to work until 11. I go back in tomorrow morning at 8am, and 4pm, and the same on Sunday. This leaves me no room for homework. Not that I have much this (the first) week, but I will eventually have a LOT. So.... I'm going to quit... on Sunday. My business courses this semester are, Business Mathematics, Accounting, Human Resource Management, Business Operations, Marketing, and Computer Information Technology.

Over the summer I lost 2 people quite close to me. First one of my best friends, who I have known his entire life, Josh, he hanged himself. His brother found him, and tried to give him CPR, but when they took him to the hospital and did the tests, he was brain dead, and they had to pull the plug. I pulled out my clarinet and managed to catch my friend between band camp and the Navy, and we played together at the funeral. Not 2 weeks after that, my great aunt died. She was at a wedding, and she just fell... and that was it. Her daughter didn't want an autopsy, she just wanted to let it go as something natural. Both of the families are doing much better now. They have all been by for visits.

I'm hoping I'll have time to game, see my girlfriend at her school, post here again.

I also managed to get some videos of that Stepmania game I was talking about I while ago. If you go to Facebook | Welcome to Facebook! and search my name, (Alex Chalmers) I will be in the Toronto ON network, and the Durham College network, and there will be a picture of me kissing my girlfriend. You can view my profile, and then find a link to my videos, and they should be in there. I think... you have to have a facebook account to get to it... I could be wrong.

Alex

Old 09-08-2007, 12:37 AM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
{{{{{{goboe}}}}} - Hugs to you sweetie. I'm so sorry for the losses that have occurred in your life. I hope you have fond memories of your friend. What a horrible thing for everyone involved. I wish you and his family peace.

And your Aunt - prayers again sent to you, your family, and everyone involved.

Through all these things I hope you have found some bright spots in your own life. Take care of yourself. It's good to see you.

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 12:54 AM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Wow, gobo. You've had a lot on your plate recently. First of all, I'm sorry about the losses you've had. It's got to be difficult to deal with. Lean on your DC family if you need to.

School sounds busy. Do your best and have some fun, too.

Don't worry about baking. Just do it when time allows. We've always enjoyed all your efforts.

Take care of yourself and considered yourself "hugged" by your DC family.
Old 09-08-2007, 09:00 AM   #4
Chief Eating Officer

Gobo I am so sorry to hear about your friend and great aunt. That i a very hard thing to go through. You have my deepest condolences.

I have been thinking about you lately wondering how you have been and what you have been up to. Sounds like you have been keeping very busy. You are making the right choice to quit your job. School should come first and you also need some time for yourself if possible.

Don't be a stranger. Pop in here when you can and lets us know how things are going.
Old 09-08-2007, 09:08 AM   #5
Head Chef

Send a message via AIM to goboenomo Send a message via MSN to goboenomo Send a message via Yahoo to goboenomo
Thanks guys

The only problem I have quitting my job, is that I'll have no money saved up for the next semester, meaning I'll have that much more work to do over the summer break. My parents said I need to have another job before I quit, but I just cannot stand Montanas and longer. Hopefully they'll understand.
Old 09-08-2007, 09:25 AM   #6
Sous Chef

You have had a difficult summer goboenomo, So sorry about your friend and Aunt. You will manage just fine, the difficulties we have in life have a way of strengthening us. Hang in there.
Old 09-08-2007, 09:43 AM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire

heya gobo. good to hear from you.

sorry to hear about the sucky parts of your life. and good on ya' for being there for your friends and family.

just remember, the harder you work now, the easier the rest of your life will be.

good luck with your studies, and your girlfriend.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 09:53 AM   #8
Certified Pretend Chef

Hey, gobo, good to see you around!

Condolences on your losses.

You sure have had a busy summer. I hope you can hang here more often.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:37 AM   #9
Everymom

Hey goboenomo, good to see you here. I'm sorry to hear about your tough summer, its so hard to lose folks you care about. I hope you are starting to heal a bit now. Hugs!

I looked you up on Facebook, think I found you, nice picture! Your girlfriend is beautiful.
Old 09-08-2007, 11:25 PM   #10
Head Chef

Thanks.

Alix, I sent you a friend request.

I didn't mention this.

(Not for the queezy)

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i1...Alexfinger.jpg
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i1.../alexfnger.jpg