Hey, it's boring around here today.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey Tex! One of my brothers and his kids are in from MI. My other brother and brother in law were suppose to come down too but he was too exhausted from our trip down to MO and work so they stayed in Michigan.

Anyway, won't be on here much till probably Monday. I should be out enjoying this 80 degree weather though.

Relax enjoy the peacefulness.....grab a book and a tall glass of tea and go lay down on a blanket near those beautiful roses of yours.

Hey TG, I was out doing the grocery shopping today, and what a mad house it was! I guess everyone in town decided to do the same thing:) There was this one annoying little girl maybe around 10 years old that was running around looking in everyone's shopping cart, and I could see people were getting annoyed, and finally one lady said to her "this is not your cart", girl says " I know" , lady says "then stop looking in my cart" :LOL: And then this lady with three little ones was in front of me in the grocery check out, and the kids were trying to help unload the groceries, but for god sakes they were taking forever, and the person bagging was like in some other zone taking forever:mad: Needless to say, I couldnt wait to get out of there.:wacko: I usually shop on Sundays, but they are closed tomorrow.

I thought I was in trouble when I started for the grocery store. The parking lot was full, but I zoomed right in and didn't even have to wait or a cashier. I had a very busy morning so decided to give myself a treat and have my hands and feet done. I went to a new place (for me) and they were so nice. It is a family owned place and the atmosphere was so much better than the place I've been going. They did the entire routine even putting my hands and feet in the parrafin treatment.

TG, if you really are bored, what about giving me an idea for a salad that is delicious but won't compete with the rest of my menu. I'm having a time with that. Hope you have a wonderful Easter.

Here's a little entertainment for you... Just click on the link to watch the video for "Pay Me My Money Down".

Zydeco Springsteen

I like this a lot... very 'organic'. I hope you like it, too.

:)

licia said:
I thought I was in trouble when I started for the grocery store. The parking lot was full, but I zoomed right in and didn't even have to wait or a cashier. I had a very busy morning so decided to give myself a treat and have my hands and feet done. I went to a new place (for me) and they were so nice. It is a family owned place and the atmosphere was so much better than the place I've been going. They did the entire routine even putting my hands and feet in the parrafin treatment.

TG, if you really are bored, what about giving me an idea for a salad that is delicious but won't compete with the rest of my menu. I'm having a time with that. Hope you have a wonderful Easter.

Hey licia, I just posted a salad for ya in the other thread about easter dinner by richell.

Hi Tex, sorry for that.

I am here because I had a tiring week and don't want to go outside and till the garden.

But if you want some fun will posit a question.

Suppose you have just moved to a new place. You have your spices and cookware, but nothing else, foodwise.

And you find your new boss or in-laws are coming for dinner.

Everything is closed except the convenience stores.

Come up with a dinner recipe.

I enjoy doing stuff like that, it makes me go outside the box.

Just a thought. Holiday weekends are always slow.

God bless.

I just finished spending 3 hours reading/editing part of a report - for the umpteenth time, only this time with the sections re-arranged (poorly).

Took a break to go to the bank for the SECOND time today because there were too many people in line the first time and I had ice cream melting in the car.

Still have about 100 or so pages to go for Monday, which I need to finish this weekend so I can start on the really BIG re-arranged section next week.

Good thing we aren't having company tomorrow. About a dozen kids coming over in two hours for a big end-of-Easter-break cookout.

texasgirl said:
Not much going on today??

Where is everyone??
Hi Texas,
it's quiet here as well. DH is painting the family room for me, a soft coffe with lots of cream color, Ari is coming over and we are going to put up the shelves or ledges you set picutres on using black ones and black picture frames..They look so nice with the leather sofa, love seat and chair.Finally, now to get the new wood floor in and it will be finished. I picked up a sinus infection being at the hospital in the air conditioning and I've been barking like crazy..So I'm not much help. Tomorrow is going to be pretty easy, ham, scalloped potatoes, asparagus, fruit salad, green salad and I made a black cheery jello salad with pineapple, dried cherries and pecans, I think I'll make a chocolate cake or maybe a pie, not sure yet. Guess I'd better make up my mind soon or we will have to raid the bunny baskets for dessert :LOL:
Hope your Easter is the best.

kadesma

Wow, there weren't very many people and not any new post, I started watching a movie and everyone came back on,:blush: sorry!!

Sizz, I hope you have loads of fun with your family!!!

Amber, I know what you mean, I went to the store yesterday and almost backed out:LOL: I HATE when there are that many people, I get cart rage!!!:bash:

licia, you probably already have a salad, but, I'll go take a look anyway.

Z, are you a country boy? That's what I think of when I see The Boss. That has a very nice cajun/creole sound to it. I like it, thanks for showing me the link.

Aundot, I wouldn't know what to do! I think I would have to go through the yellow pages and find someone to deliver:LOL:

mudbug, ouch, I hope you get some rest in there somewhere!!

kadesma, I'm so glad that your getting to do your redecorating. Sounds very sophisticated and nice!! I hope you get better. Take care and get some rest for tomorrow!! See if you can get one of your kiddos to post Kade, Ethen and Carson hunting the eggs. And maybe one of Olivia, since she won't be big enough to actually do it yet??
psst.. can I have a bite of one of those bunnies???:ROFLMAO: :LOL:

Kadesma,

I love the sound of those colors, coffee and cream, that sounds nice and warm for a family room. Mine is a very pale lavender that has turned white :mad: the trim is green. I want warmer colors like yours, it's much more soothing and relaxing.

amber said:
Kadesma,

I love the sound of those colors, coffee and cream, that sounds nice and warm for a family room. Mine is a very pale lavender that has turned white :mad: the trim is green. I want warmer colors like yours, it's much more soothing and relaxing.
Hi Amber,
we've always had the antique white, you know everyone uses it, and I finally got the nerve to try something different..I love this color, our sorfas are leather with a dark wood trim, the tables are kind of 1930's style wood and marble tops the lamps are marble as well..I had loads of pictures all in different style frames and was tired of them so we looked around and got black frames and black shelves, we just finished putting them up and they look so nice. Now to find some more frames and then move all the other pictures to the hallway off the family room.I do love this color I even put it in my kitchen when we redid the floor..It's is soothing to the eye and I love it with my white shutters. It feels good to do something different now, and just sit back tomorrow and enjoy it.

kadesma:)

We were out of the house early today. Gone by 8:30 to take dh to an instructor course. The kids & I went for the best hot chocolate around and almond croissants. Met dh and ran some errands. Went by the grocery store to get a sandwich for lunch, the easter bunny was there. Aidan got a photo with the bunny & his face painted (a bunny on one cheek and an easter egg on the other). They also had egg dying and cupcake decorating, which we successfully avoided. Took dh for his massage appointment and I shopped for dinner supplies. When we got home the easter bunny mysteriously left an egg in the mailbox and sent Aidan on a treasure hunt to find his basket. dh is working tomorrow, that's why we did it today. I made dessert and was just fixing dinner when Callum needed to eat, so now I'm checking in quickly, then finishing dinner.

I know how you feel tg, sometimes it can be very slow around here. Happy Easter!

Hi Licia,

We live in northern VA, in a very pretty area.

Lots of cattle, and not too many people.

Actually we live, oh, twenty miles or so, from mudbug.

That can be an hour away during rush hour.

We still have dial up because there is no high speed access where we live.

It seems that cattle don't surf the web.

Go figure, I never did trust a cow.

God bless and happy Easter.

Texasgirl, I haven't been on in a couple days because so many other stupid things:mad: have been keeping me occupied, both physically and mentally. I am hoping next week things calm down a bit - I miss you guys so much! Hey, Happy Easter to everyone!

Back
Top Bottom