Hey mudbug

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vilasman

Senior Cook
One thing I forgot to mention....
The lady whoose house electrical problems I straightened out....
We sorta grew up in the same church, she is several years, may 4-5 older than me, which she tries to minimize when we talk to people... since she got what would have been her own house straight, she wound up selling it cause in the end she couldn't afford the mortage on what turned out to a million dollar house, thats what she sold it for , is embarking on a career as a housing developer.

I hope there are no english teachers here, that was a heck of a run on sentence and I went to university....

Any who, she is a graduate of the culinary institute of america, in NY. Had Julia Child as a mentor and everything.

So while working on her house, I was constantly asking her questions about food.

That made my wife a little jealoous.... but my co worker does have a chef's personality, which is why she makes a great general contractor, but makes me thankful that i get to come home to my wife, who is no push over...

(I once taught English in another life, but not to worry about your sentence...)

Great story, vilasman! I believe it on the house sale - our medium-sized tract houses over here are going for up to $600K now, and they are not that special.

Hope you got some good foodie advice from that lady as well.

We still talk 2-3 times a week, we've been to marshall's, and to TJ Max's together to troll for goodies, for awhile I had my Costco Card through her company.
She's also supposed to take me too i think it's taste of chicago, She told me that all the big foodie related companies have big displays there and at the end they start selling stuff off at ridiculously low prices.
I was a little perturbed... In the grand divine scheme of things I have more kitchen stuff that I have room for and aside from a new waffler and a toaster/ convection oven, I have all the kitchen electrics that I want. Unless I get into the new Kitchen Aid Pro line.

So I do milk her for food info on a regular basis.
But given that she has a personality alot like Gordon Ramsey's... You guys are a lot more fun to talk to.

Also the funny thing is, while her food maybe technically correct, flavor, texture, doneness, color and plating,
I am used to my wife's cooking "mistake's" and I still like DW's cooking better.

But I am learning

Back
Top Bottom