"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-26-2005, 09:35 PM   #11
Head Chef

Send a message via MSN to BigDog Send a message via Yahoo to BigDog
This will be a fun thread! Thanks for starting it!

We have two cats, Smokie & Midnight. Both black DSH. Midnight is very independent and schitzophrenic (sp?) and not very active. Smokie is a ball of fire, involved in everything. No stories jump out at me right now, but I'll have some for sure!

I do have a story from a friend that used to have a cat. Don't recall the cat's name, but her morning routine was to pour a cup of coffee, head to the bathroom to get ready for a few moments, and then come drink some coffee. Every morning she did this, and always seemed to notice that the coffee was a bit lower then she remembered pouring it. Finally one day, she caught him red handed (pawed?) drinking her coffee. So, she made him a cup of coffee every morning from then on! This started a tradition of the cat eating at the table! Her food at her spot, the cat's on it's spot. Cat sat in the chair and was big enough to reach and eat from it's food bowl while sitting at the table!

Old 12-22-2005, 08:00 AM   #12
Senior Cook

Our two cats are named: Shere Kahn (grey with black stripes) and Bagheera (black) theychase each other all over the house, flop around wrestling, and repeat the process. I'm always chasing on or both off of my bed, and off my south-facing windowsill. Sometimes, when I amd drawing or reading on my bed, one of them will come up and parade up ond down in front of my face. Finally, Bagheera wil sit in the kitchen and watch, then catch, flies.

Old 12-22-2005, 01:03 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Lily Lily Queen of cats.
Born in a wood pile in Montana. Her mom was a wild unloved kitty.
Lily is our favorite friend in the world. She's the kindest most loving cat.
Spoiled?? OH YEAH! Loved?? OH YEAH! I think the funniest thing about her is that she sleeps on her back with all four legs up in the air.
Old 12-22-2005, 06:53 PM   #14
Cooking Links Contest Winner

Send a message via Yahoo to shannon in KS
I don't have a kitty, but want one (sniff sniff), just for all these cute and mischievous stories and antics they pull. Maybe soon..... Except I am kinda a clean freak, and the fur tips me over the edge into obsessive-compulsive behaviors involving over-vacuuming and cleaning.

shannon in KS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 09:13 PM   #15
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenMI
I've had a lot of cats in my life. Right now, we have three, and one of them (female calico longhair named Angel) is grooming herself on top of my pc monitor as I type. She seems to constantly stay there.

I think my funniest experience with a cat was when I was a teen, and the liliac-point (blue-point) siamese that we had pulled a sneak attack on my Mom. She had just woken me up, and I was following her into the kitchen for breakfast. Mom was about 5' ahead of me. Suddenly, I saw these two blue furry arms come out from under the couch, wrap themselves around my Mom's ankle, while a blue furry head appeared and BIT my Mom on her heel. She jumped several feet straight up!
Don't know if you all saw it on the "Venting" thread, but, the cat in question, Angel, was again laying on top of my 19" monitor when the monitor suddenly shorted out. It scared Angel so bad, she had a little accident.

I think the excess heat caused by her laying on top of the vents on the monitor caused it to fry.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:28 AM   #16
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon in KS
I don't have a kitty, but want one (sniff sniff), just for all these cute and mischievous stories and antics they pull. Maybe soon..... Except I am kinda a clean freak, and the fur tips me over the edge into obsessive-compulsive behaviors involving over-vacuuming and cleaning.
You could get one of these:

Barbara
Old 12-23-2005, 07:32 AM   #17
Cooking Links Contest Winner

Send a message via Yahoo to shannon in KS
Barbara, nothing like cuddling up with crepe-y, wrinkly skin! Do they get cold? Would definitely be a bed-hog!

shannon in KS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 08:44 AM   #18
Executive Chef

We have three Chiuaua's (sp?). Don't get me started on "bed hogs". Those little yippy dogs will burrow into the blankets to keep warm.
Old 12-23-2005, 08:48 AM   #19
cartwheelmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartwheelmac
Well we have two indoor cats (which Mommy wants to keep it that way). They escape out the door when we are walking out side, they sneak in our rooms and sleep on the beds, they chase each other all over the house (which leaves breathless and crying from laughing too hard!)...

Cameron
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXguy
Our two cats are named: Shere Kahn (grey with black stripes) and Bagheera (black) theychase each other all over the house, flop around wrestling, and repeat the process. I'm always chasing on or both off of my bed, and off my south-facing windowsill. Sometimes, when I amd drawing or reading on my bed, one of them will come up and parade up ond down in front of my face. Finally, Bagheera wil sit in the kitchen and watch, then catch, flies.
Same kitties.

Cameron
Old 12-23-2005, 10:27 AM   #20
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon in KS
Well, I find dogs messier than cats (and kids are the messiest of all!) but if you get wiggly about a little fur or a few footprints on your tables, you won't be happy with cats. If you're persistent enough while you're home, you may keep them off of your counters and such, but as soon as you leave... It's not a fun existence for you or for the cats if you can't stand a little fur here and a little fur there and a little fur everywhere! I love them so that I can take the fur. I also love clean, but am willing to compromise a bit for the joy they bring to the household.

BC