"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-25-2005, 08:55 PM   #1
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to -DEADLY SUSHI-
HEY!! Tell us about your Cat! :)

Ahhhhh cats......
They get into things they shouldnt.... they are cute and very lovable. You look into their eyes and usually give them what they want. When you least expect it they plop up and and a hug. When you have some papers you want to read...... they lay on them.

What are some of YOUR 'cat' experiences? Tell us about your cats!

Old 11-25-2005, 08:59 PM   #2
Chief Eating Officer

Oh boy could I tell you stories! I will start with just this one...one of my cats, Loki, has jumped into the over while it was on TWICE

Old 11-25-2005, 10:38 PM   #3
Senior Cook

Being as now it is the Christmas season, my cat loves to perch his fat ars up as high as he can go in the tree. It's so funny to see. When he's up there really all you can see is this fat face sticking out of the tree with this 'grin' on his face. We get a lotta laughs out of that.
Old 11-25-2005, 11:04 PM   #4
Sous Chef

Oh I have many cat stories I could relate here. One of my favorites is when Bob (pictured in my avatar) called my brother's house in Chicago at 4:30 a.m. from my cell phone, which was on the kitchen table at the time. I had no idea, of course, that this had happened until my regular phone rang a few minutes later. Sister-in-law was calling us back to see if we were OK, because she answered the phone, saw it was our number, but only heard little breaths and meows in the background. She was in a panic - and I had no idea of what she was talking about with all the "are you all right?" questions. I had been fast asleep - of course I was all right. Then I saw the phone there and Bob wandering around and got the picture.

I've got a million of 'em.

BC
Old 11-25-2005, 11:31 PM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
which one ya want ? her laying on my keyboard, stealing my potato chips,
playing fetch, or trying to get the birds and leaves that fly past the sliding glass doors while they're closed ??? lol
Old 11-26-2005, 05:19 AM   #6
Master Chef

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."
- Robert A. Heinlein
LiGruess cara ~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 08:50 AM   #7
cartwheelmac

Talking Two are twice as nice!

Well we have two indoor cats (which Mommy wants to keep it that way). They escape out the door when we are walking out side, they sneak in our rooms and sleep on the beds, they chase each other all over the house (which leaves breathless and crying from laughing too hard!)...

Cameron
Old 11-26-2005, 09:18 AM   #8
Executive Chef

I've had a lot of cats in my life. Right now, we have three, and one of them (female calico longhair named Angel) is grooming herself on top of my pc monitor as I type. She seems to constantly stay there.

I think my funniest experience with a cat was when I was a teen, and the liliac-point (blue-point) siamese that we had pulled a sneak attack on my Mom. She had just woken me up, and I was following her into the kitchen for breakfast. Mom was about 5' ahead of me. Suddenly, I saw these two blue furry arms come out from under the couch, wrap themselves around my Mom's ankle, while a blue furry head appeared and BIT my Mom on her heel. She jumped several feet straight up!
Old 11-26-2005, 10:17 AM   #9
Sous Chef

I can't leave out one story about my very handsome, very complex cat, Blue. He's sure that he's one of the humans of the household and that he has two pets, a cat Bob and a dog Grommit. He's always had a cranky streak, which I understand now may be due to his advancing age, but it's always been there. He also has a certain sensibility that I've never seen in an animal. He seems to know to be more careful with children and younger animals. Bob Cat was merciless to him when Bob was a kitten, and this big cranky cat took it without flattening him. It was unbelievable.

My favorite story about him involves an annoying little neighbor girl, who wanted so badly to pet Blue. Knowing his cantankerous streak, I kept telling the kid that Blue was mean, so she'd leave him be. I didn't want her to get scratched if he was in one of his moods. One day I look out and this little girl is carrying him down the sidewalk. I fly out there to get him before he gets her, only to see him rubbing and rubbing cheek to cheek with her, and purring his little head off. She carries him up to me and plops him down in front of me. "He's heavy!" she says, and wanders off.

BC
Old 11-26-2005, 01:42 PM   #10
Master Chef

right now I have no cat....
but there is no time and our flat is not that suitable for a cat... we have an open deck and so she could stroll along the whole block.....

I used to have cats when I was still living at home... soo many stories to tell, I don`t know where to start.... so Ill will have Dinner now and think of it.... ;o))

LiGruess cara ~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
cara is offline   Reply With Quote