HEY!! Tell us about your Cat! :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

-DEADLY SUSHI-

Washing Up
Ahhhhh cats......
They get into things they shouldnt.... they are cute and very lovable. You look into their eyes and usually give them what they want. When you least expect it they plop up and and a hug.
34.gif
When you have some papers you want to read...... they lay on them. :LOL:

What are some of YOUR 'cat' experiences? Tell us about your cats! :mrgreen:

Oh boy could I tell you stories! I will start with just this one...one of my cats, Loki, has jumped into the over while it was on TWICE :huh:

Being as now it is the Christmas season, my cat loves to perch his fat ars up as high as he can go in the tree. It's so funny to see. When he's up there really all you can see is this fat face sticking out of the tree with this 'grin' on his face. We get a lotta laughs out of that.

Oh I have many cat stories I could relate here. One of my favorites is when Bob (pictured in my avatar) called my brother's house in Chicago at 4:30 a.m. from my cell phone, which was on the kitchen table at the time. I had no idea, of course, that this had happened until my regular phone rang a few minutes later. Sister-in-law was calling us back to see if we were OK, because she answered the phone, saw it was our number, but only heard little breaths and meows in the background. She was in a panic - and I had no idea of what she was talking about with all the "are you all right?" questions. I had been fast asleep - of course I was all right. Then I saw the phone there and Bob wandering around and got the picture.

I've got a million of 'em.

BC

which one ya want ? her laying on my keyboard, stealing my potato chips,
playing fetch, or trying to get the birds and leaves that fly past the sliding glass doors while they're closed ??? lol

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."
- Robert A. Heinlein

Two are twice as nice!

Well we have two indoor cats :cat::cat:(which Mommy wants to keep it that way). They escape out the door when we are walking out side, they sneak in our rooms and sleep on the beds, they chase each other all over the house (which leaves breathless and crying from laughing too hard!)...

Cameron

Last edited:
I've had a lot of cats in my life. Right now, we have three, and one of them (female calico longhair named Angel) is grooming herself on top of my pc monitor as I type. She seems to constantly stay there.

I think my funniest experience with a cat was when I was a teen, and the liliac-point (blue-point) siamese that we had pulled a sneak attack on my Mom. She had just woken me up, and I was following her into the kitchen for breakfast. Mom was about 5' ahead of me. Suddenly, I saw these two blue furry arms come out from under the couch, wrap themselves around my Mom's ankle, while a blue furry head appeared and BIT my Mom on her heel. She jumped several feet straight up!

I can't leave out one story about my very handsome, very complex cat, Blue. He's sure that he's one of the humans of the household and that he has two pets, a cat Bob and a dog Grommit. He's always had a cranky streak, which I understand now may be due to his advancing age, but it's always been there. He also has a certain sensibility that I've never seen in an animal. He seems to know to be more careful with children and younger animals. Bob Cat was merciless to him when Bob was a kitten, and this big cranky cat took it without flattening him. It was unbelievable.

My favorite story about him involves an annoying little neighbor girl, who wanted so badly to pet Blue. Knowing his cantankerous streak, I kept telling the kid that Blue was mean, so she'd leave him be. I didn't want her to get scratched if he was in one of his moods. One day I look out and this little girl is carrying him down the sidewalk. I fly out there to get him before he gets her, only to see him rubbing and rubbing cheek to cheek with her, and purring his little head off. She carries him up to me and plops him down in front of me. "He's heavy!" she says, and wanders off.

BC

right now I have no cat.... :(
but there is no time and our flat is not that suitable for a cat... we have an open deck and so she could stroll along the whole block.....

I used to have cats when I was still living at home... soo many stories to tell, I don`t know where to start.... so I´ll will have Dinner now and think of it.... ;o))

This will be a fun thread! Thanks for starting it!

We have two cats, Smokie & Midnight. Both black DSH. Midnight is very independent and schitzophrenic (sp?) and not very active. Smokie is a ball of fire, involved in everything. No stories jump out at me right now, but I'll have some for sure!

I do have a story from a friend that used to have a cat. Don't recall the cat's name, but her morning routine was to pour a cup of coffee, head to the bathroom to get ready for a few moments, and then come drink some coffee. Every morning she did this, and always seemed to notice that the coffee was a bit lower then she remembered pouring it. Finally one day, she caught him red handed (pawed?) drinking her coffee. So, she made him a cup of coffee every morning from then on! This started a tradition of the cat eating at the table! Her food at her spot, the cat's on it's spot. Cat sat in the chair and was big enough to reach and eat from it's food bowl while sitting at the table!

Our two cats are named: Shere Kahn (grey with black stripes) and Bagheera (black) theychase each other all over the house, flop around wrestling, and repeat the process. I'm always chasing on or both off of my bed, and off my south-facing windowsill. Sometimes, when I amd drawing or reading on my bed, one of them will come up and parade up ond down in front of my face. Finally, Bagheera wil sit in the kitchen and watch, then catch, flies.

Lily Lily Queen of cats.
Born in a wood pile in Montana. Her mom was a wild unloved kitty.
Lily is our favorite friend in the world. She's the kindest most loving cat.
Spoiled?? OH YEAH! Loved?? OH YEAH! I think the funniest thing about her is that she sleeps on her back with all four legs up in the air.

I don't have a kitty, but want one (sniff sniff), just for all these cute and mischievous stories and antics they pull. Maybe soon..... Except I am kinda a clean freak, and the fur tips me over the edge into obsessive-compulsive behaviors involving over-vacuuming and cleaning.

AllenMI said:
I've had a lot of cats in my life. Right now, we have three, and one of them (female calico longhair named Angel) is grooming herself on top of my pc monitor as I type. She seems to constantly stay there.

I think my funniest experience with a cat was when I was a teen, and the liliac-point (blue-point) siamese that we had pulled a sneak attack on my Mom. She had just woken me up, and I was following her into the kitchen for breakfast. Mom was about 5' ahead of me. Suddenly, I saw these two blue furry arms come out from under the couch, wrap themselves around my Mom's ankle, while a blue furry head appeared and BIT my Mom on her heel. She jumped several feet straight up!

Don't know if you all saw it on the "Venting" thread, but, the cat in question, Angel, was again laying on top of my 19" monitor when the monitor suddenly shorted out. It scared Angel so bad, she had a little accident.

I think the excess heat caused by her laying on top of the vents on the monitor caused it to fry.

shannon in KS said:
I don't have a kitty, but want one (sniff sniff), just for all these cute and mischievous stories and antics they pull. Maybe soon..... Except I am kinda a clean freak, and the fur tips me over the edge into obsessive-compulsive behaviors involving over-vacuuming and cleaning.
You could get one of these:
gallery1-4.jpg
gallery1-2.jpg

:) Barbara

Barbara, nothing like cuddling up with crepe-y, wrinkly skin! Do they get cold? :wacko: Would definitely be a bed-hog!

We have three Chiuaua's (sp?). Don't get me started on "bed hogs". Those little yippy dogs will burrow into the blankets to keep warm.

cartwheelmac said:
Well we have two indoor cats :cat::cat:(which Mommy wants to keep it that way). They escape out the door when we are walking out side, they sneak in our rooms and sleep on the beds, they chase each other all over the house (which leaves breathless and crying from laughing too hard!)...

Cameron

TXguy said:
Our two cats are named: Shere Kahn (grey with black stripes) and Bagheera (black) theychase each other all over the house, flop around wrestling, and repeat the process. I'm always chasing on or both off of my bed, and off my south-facing windowsill. Sometimes, when I amd drawing or reading on my bed, one of them will come up and parade up ond down in front of my face. Finally, Bagheera wil sit in the kitchen and watch, then catch, flies.

Same kitties.

Cameron

shannon in KS said:

Well, I find dogs messier than cats (and kids are the messiest of all!) but if you get wiggly about a little fur or a few footprints on your tables, you won't be happy with cats. If you're persistent enough while you're home, you may keep them off of your counters and such, but as soon as you leave... It's not a fun existence for you or for the cats if you can't stand a little fur here and a little fur there and a little fur everywhere! I love them so that I can take the fur. I also love clean, but am willing to compromise a bit for the joy they bring to the household.

BC

Back
Top Bottom