"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 02-19-2006, 05:39 PM   #1
Master Chef
Send a message via Yahoo to -DEADLY SUSHI-
Hey! Whats your Bed?

Ahhhhh a GOOD nights sleep! Feeling refreshed in the morning is something that is essential! Im curious..... what do YOU sleep on? Is your mattress old? New? Is it lumpy? Is it a cloud? Does your partner roll over and wake you up? And how much did you pay for the nights throne? Are you happy with what you have?

-DEADLY SUSHI- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 06:14 PM   #2
Executive Chef
King sized pillow top, soft and cuddly. I have the kind of bed that you say AHHHHHHHHHHHHH, when you first get in it..........now I want to go back to bed. Very gloomy and dreary today in Hawaii.

wasabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 06:22 PM   #3
Head Chef
Ummm...someone in our tiny town ordered a king sized mattress/boxed spring set - then decided they didn't want it. The delivery guy didn't want to have to take it back so gave us a super-duper deal on the set. He even helped carry it all up our awful stairs into our tiny loft! I love our bed!!! We share it with my blue heeler/cocker spaniel girl, Cali...she likes to sleep sideways in the bed, so we share the other half.
Practice random acts of kindness.

callie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 06:43 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Queen size waveless pillow top water bed. Once I crawl in it takes about 10 seconds to fall asleep. It's warm and comfy and I wouldn't trade it for the world. I can't remember how much we paid... but I think it was around $ 700. well worth the cost.
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. Robert Frost
pdswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 09:28 PM   #5
Master Chef
Queen size sleigh bed. I have had it for about 7 years. Before that I had a twin bed with a very bad mattress. I paid a over a $1,000 for the bed and mattresses and it is still very comfortable.
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

Theodore Roosevelt
26th president of US (1858 - 1919)
SierraCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 09:33 PM   #6
Executive Chef
we sleep on a futon that we've had for too long. Sometimes I can feel the bed frame through the mattress. We bought a mattress pad and that really helps. One of these days, when we can afford it, we'll invest in a nice mattress set.
"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One of these is roots, the other, wings." http://aidancallum.blogspot.com/
corazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 09:47 PM   #7
Traveling Welcome Wagon
Hunk of cheap junk (came with the house) double (definitely too small for the two of us and the cat). Springs popping out, slants one way, very unrestful sleep. As soon as we can afford it, we will get a new bed.

Barbara L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 10:12 PM   #8
Executive Chef
Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
We love our king size bed. Now if I could keep my 3 year old out of our bed, my hubby and I could cuddle a bit more often. He seems to be poking and kicking us more so now than before. That reminds me - he's sleeping in his room tonight!
If you have much, give of your wealth. If you have little, give of your heart. - Arab proverb
Dina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 11:25 PM   #9
Executive Chef
Send a message via Yahoo to Michelemarie
King size bed here - can't remember the maker - I love it though. Hubby snores terribly sometimes. I wake him and ask him to turn over, he thinks I am mean to wake him - even though I am waking him because HE woke me! Sadly, it is hard for me to get back to sleep - I need it dark and quiet. I hate those nights! Better than the mattress are the sheets - 800 ct - so soft!
Michele Marie
Michelemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 06:45 AM   #10
Head Chef
King-sized Tempu-pedic mattress, a Jack Russell Terrier and a Schnauzer/Terrier mix. I snore like a freight train, but don't wake up when mizzphinz tells me to roll over.

It's good for the soul when there's not a soul in sight.

Trader Scott's Tiki Bar & Lounge
phinz is offline   Reply With Quote