"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-04-2007, 05:27 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
That surgery is the best thing I ever did for myself! lol

I was pretty sore but after 3 days I thought - ok, I feel fine - a little sore - but that's ok. The entire next week I was couch-bound. Enjoy your first week of relaxation and just deal with it - NO treadmill young lady!

If you want to take a gentle walk outside maybe do that - weather permitting - I did see you live in New York!

Take it easy - everyone has given you the same advice for a very good reason!

I'm so glad you are doing so well. I know it makes it harder to relax but your recovery won't be slowed down.

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 08:14 AM   #12
Sous Chef

Thank you all for your good wishes and reminders to behave.Even as I'm sitting here with my coffee I have the list writing itself in my head of things I should be doing!!!My accomplishment today was to stay in bed until 8 am and it was easier than I thought.I had a very accomodating yellow lab curled up next to me. I think it was Charlie Brown who said "Happiness is a warm puppy"!! Love and energy, Vicki

Old 03-05-2007, 12:19 PM   #13
Master Chef

[quote=kitchenelf]That surgery is the best thing I ever did for myself! lol

If I could only talk my doctor into it.

Vicki....so glad the surgery went well. I know how you feel about wanting to get up and do things. After my c-sections I was suppose to take it easy for some time but ultimately by the time I could stand upright I was doing things I wasn't suppose to be doing. But I'll forwarn you.....with one of my 3 I did too much and it landed me back in bed for longer than I hoped so try and take it easy.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:55 PM   #14
Executive Chef

Wow, what a trooper! I'm glad you are feeling so well, and wish I had known you were scheduled for such a procedure. I'm happy it was easy on you. If you are feeling up to it, I have lots of birthday cake left over..want some??
Old 03-05-2007, 07:20 PM   #15
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeraBlue
Wow, what a trooper! I'm glad you are feeling so well, and wish I had known you were scheduled for such a procedure. I'm happy it was easy on you. If you are feeling up to it, I have lots of birthday cake left over..want some??
Mmmmm cake sounds really good!!!! Thanks- I hope you had a great birthday!! Love and energy, Vicki
Old 03-05-2007, 09:50 PM   #16
Executive Chef

My love and energy to you VickiQ Nothing like a good lab to cuddle up and keep company.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:58 PM   #17
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
(((Vicki))))!!!!
I was just wondering about you the other day while I was totally missing this thread, I am so glad it is now over and done with, I bet you are feeling some enormous weight off your mind, and that's why you are feeling so perky now!! But yes, try not to get carried away, walk that slow walk, have Angel lick your face all she wants, and smell the roses, you will have plenty of time to enjoy all that you want to do before you know it!!

Old 03-07-2007, 07:50 AM   #18
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
My love and energy to you VickiQ Nothing like a good lab to cuddle up and keep company.
My Angel puppy has become not only my biggest confidant but,my nurse now as well. Whenever I go up and down the stairs she is right there with me- this is out of the norm for her-she is not what you would call a ball a fire and would much rather just hang out on the couch or lay in front of the window with the sun bathing her. When I say I love her the best -I'm only kidding half the time!!! BTW I LOVE the pic of your golden-it's priceless!!!
Love and energy,Vicki
Old 03-07-2007, 07:57 AM   #19
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by urmaniac13
(((Vicki))))!!!!
I was just wondering about you the other day while I was totally missing this thread, I am so glad it is now over and done with, I bet you are feeling some enormous weight off your mind, and that's why you are feeling so perky now!! But yes, try not to get carried away, walk that slow walk, have Angel lick your face all she wants, and smell the roses, you will have plenty of time to enjoy all that you want to do before you know it!!

I have to say that having laporscopic surgery is definitely the way to go. Although the doctor has called me twice since I have been home to see how I am doing and he is a little surprised that I am feeling 100% -He too has reminded me that I have just had major surgery and to take it easy for a little while.I told him about the treadmill and he told me wait until next week!He then asked to speak to Jimmy and reminded him I should not overdo it.I guess I could potentially be a problem patient!! Love and energy,Vicki