Hi-

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VickiQ

Sous Chef
I had the laporscopic hysterectomy on Friday and I feel great-I'm a little suspicous that anything was removed at all because I have no pain whatsoever!!! I still have a little bit of the anesthesia hang over but, other than that I still can't believe I had major surgery 2 days ago.This could be a dangerous thing for me because I'm supposed to be taking it easy and what I really want to do is clean my house and brush Angel! I guess for now finishing my coffee will have to be enough!!!I'm thinking of taking a S-L-O-W walk on the tread mill to burn up some energy otherwise this is going to be a very long day!!!!Love and energy, Vicki

I'm so glad you are feeling good - but don't let that fool you into doing too much, you will feel it later! Enjoy this time - relax. Alot went on in there, even if you can't feel it. Take it easy!

Glad you are feeling well. I had laparoscopy surgery in December and I didnt feel so hot for a few days! Nice pain killers helped a lot though!

Vicki,
major surgery is major sugery..relax, Angel will get brushed, the house will get cleaned and the treadmill needs a nice rest...Take it easy..I know the feeling,I learned how to get past the pain of a c-section and did far to much and made the mistake of picking up my 2 year old..the next day I was sorry I did..So just enjoy no pain, your family and have angel come sit by you and pet her..Bet she will love that as much as a brushing for now. Take care of YOU for now...so glad things went so well for you and no problems YIPPEEEEEE
kadesma;)

ok- so it turns out that taking a shower and drying my hair was enough of an excursion for this morning!!!Thank you all for your well wishes!Love and energy,Vicki (it's nap time!)

Don't push yourself too much too fast Vicki! This always happens with dh. He gets a cold and gets impatient to get better, then he exercises and does too much. Then he ends up with broncitis.

Glad that your surgery went well and you're feeling good! We haven't been seeing much of you recently, here's your opportunity to catch up! Browse the photos, you can see Andy's pictures of Aruba. Lay back and imagine you're there. ahhhh. Maybe I'll do that too. :LOL:

Vicki - I'm so glad you're doing well. I'm also glad to see your napping! Keep it up - or you can just hang out here with us for the next few days;)

It is great that you are feeling so well after major surgury but take it easy. Don't do any cleaning or cooking but just stay and rest either in bed or in your den.

That surgery is the best thing I ever did for myself! lol

I was pretty sore but after 3 days I thought - ok, I feel fine - a little sore - but that's ok. The entire next week I was couch-bound. Enjoy your first week of relaxation and just deal with it - NO treadmill young lady! :glare:

If you want to take a gentle walk outside maybe do that - weather permitting - I did see you live in New York! :rolleyes:

Take it easy - everyone has given you the same advice for a very good reason! :ermm:

I'm so glad you are doing so well. I know it makes it harder to relax but your recovery won't be slowed down. :flowers:

Thank you all for your good wishes and reminders to behave.Even as I'm sitting here with my coffee I have the list writing itself in my head of things I should be doing!!!My accomplishment today was to stay in bed until 8 am and it was easier than I thought.I had a very accomodating yellow lab curled up next to me. I think it was Charlie Brown who said "Happiness is a warm puppy"!! Love and energy, Vicki

kitchenelf said:
That surgery is the best thing I ever did for myself! lol

:LOL: If I could only talk my doctor into it.

Vicki....so glad the surgery went well. I know how you feel about wanting to get up and do things. After my c-sections I was suppose to take it easy for some time but ultimately by the time I could stand upright I was doing things I wasn't suppose to be doing. But I'll forwarn you.....with one of my 3 I did too much and it landed me back in bed for longer than I hoped so try and take it easy.

Wow, what a trooper! I'm glad you are feeling so well, and wish I had known you were scheduled for such a procedure. I'm happy it was easy on you. If you are feeling up to it, I have lots of birthday cake left over..want some??

VeraBlue said:
Wow, what a trooper! I'm glad you are feeling so well, and wish I had known you were scheduled for such a procedure. I'm happy it was easy on you. If you are feeling up to it, I have lots of birthday cake left over..want some??

Mmmmm cake sounds really good!!!! Thanks- I hope you had a great birthday!!;) Love and energy, Vicki

My love and energy to you VickiQ :) Nothing like a good lab to cuddle up and keep company.

(((Vicki))))!!!!
I was just wondering about you the other day while I was totally missing this thread, I am so glad it is now over and done with, I bet you are feeling some enormous weight off your mind, and that's why you are feeling so perky now!! But yes, try not to get carried away, walk that slow walk, have Angel lick your face all she wants, and smell the roses, you will have plenty of time to enjoy all that you want to do before you know it!!

img_412038_0_12ce1bf1835b655d3cac2591fb95a2f7.gif

amber said:
My love and energy to you VickiQ :) Nothing like a good lab to cuddle up and keep company.

My Angel puppy has become not only my biggest confidant but,my nurse now as well. Whenever I go up and down the stairs she is right there with me- this is out of the norm for her-she is not what you would call a ball a fire and would much rather just hang out on the couch or lay in front of the window with the sun bathing her. When I say I love her the best -I'm only kidding half the time!!!;) BTW I LOVE the pic of your golden-it's priceless!!!
Love and energy,Vicki

urmaniac13 said:
(((Vicki))))!!!!
I was just wondering about you the other day while I was totally missing this thread, I am so glad it is now over and done with, I bet you are feeling some enormous weight off your mind, and that's why you are feeling so perky now!! But yes, try not to get carried away, walk that slow walk, have Angel lick your face all she wants, and smell the roses, you will have plenty of time to enjoy all that you want to do before you know it!!

img_412290_0_12ce1bf1835b655d3cac2591fb95a2f7.gif
I have to say that having laporscopic surgery is definitely the way to go. Although the doctor has called me twice since I have been home to see how I am doing and he is a little surprised that I am feeling 100% -He too has reminded me that I have just had major surgery and to take it easy for a little while.I told him about the treadmill and he told me wait until next week!He then asked to speak to Jimmy and reminded him I should not overdo it.I guess I could potentially be a problem patient!!:-p Love and energy,Vicki

Back
Top Bottom