Hi new friends! new stay at home mom here!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IfyougiveAmouseAcookie

Assistant Cook
I hope you all don't mind me sharing my cooking experiences on a regular basis. I am new to being a mom and new to being a stay at home mom at that. I have a passion for baking but desperately want to learn how to cook. Well, my grandmother loaned me a vintage cookbook called, "woman's home companion cook book " and I love it! It's very detailed and user friendly. So tonight I picked a recipe from it that sounded good. Tamale pie. Of sounds good, seems easy to make.
So...Night #1:
Everything so far is going smoothly, the house smells good, although it is getting hot. I have not mastered the art of multi tasking in the kitchen, so this is a challenge. Someone else is adjusting to me cooking dinner on a nightly basis as well! The baby. So far she hates it and is angry that I set her down, although she has lots of things and toys to play with and keep her distracted.
Well, that's all for tonight. Stay tuned for Tamale pie results and satisfaction rating.

P.s.
If anyone has any family favorite slow cooker recipes they'd like to share, I really want to use my slow cooker!

he'll want a glass of milk!

welcome, mouse.

i loved reading that book to my son a few years back.

Thanks dawgluver! Cute dog in your pic! Love the snowman sweater.

As well as love of cooking, you will find animal lovers here also. And Dawgluver is one of them there kind. We even have a "Chicken Lover" here. You must read her Chicken Chronicals" Hilarious reading. Do you have any pets? :angel:

Oh thanks for the tip! I will definitely look into reading the chicken chronicles! I love animals. We currently have one lab collie mix, she is my babysitter, and we have a Weiner dog on the way. She is not old enough to be away from her mom yet. She is beautiful though. Does anyone have any clever Weinstein dog names for our new edition? Would love to hear them!

ForumRunner_20130208_202049.png

Attachments

• 20130208_102803.jpg
    20130208_102803.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 54
Welcome to DC :)
I'm sure you will get many cooking ideas here.
I used to let my kids play with the contents of my tupperware cupboard while I was cooking. It kept them busy for hours lol!
They're 10 and 5 now so it's not a problem anymore. The only time they come into the kitchen is when they smell food!

Well thank you both for the kind words! My daughter is young, about four months old. But she is very advanced for her age. I will try the Tupperware trick!

Another winner for me was letting my kids play with jello or soft cooked spaghetti. Messy but it works :LOL:

Hope the tupperware trick works for you too! Both my kids played with the tupperware from a very young age, about the same age as your daughter :)

The jello and spaghetti we started when they could sit well and eat solids. Then we moved onto pots and a wooden spoon ( I don't advise this, it's very noisy! )

Good luck!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom