Highlights of 07 thanks to DC members!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elaine l

Head Chef
I have enjoyed the forum over the past year. Some of my favorites that I tried thanks to help from the members.

bbq ribs cooked in the oven
pan seared steak
meatloaf in a crockpot
oven pancakes

These are just a few that I can think of but I know I have enjoyed many many more!

What about you?

Well, I've only been around since August, and haven't fixed but a couple recipes, but the best thing about this year was just finding DC :punk:

One of the recipes I tried this year was kitchenelf's pumpkin spice bread. It was yummy. In fact, I still have a can of pumpkin just wait to be made into more bread.

But mostly what I have gotten from DC over the year is the courage to try new and different techniques and recipes. I have learned so much just by reading what about other DC members have tried, liked and not liked, and techniques that have or have not worked for them.

So, thanks everyone for making DC great and keep up the good work and sharing of recipes, techniques and etc.

Last edited:
Gosh, the list is really long since I knew almost nothing when I got here in June. Some of the things that have become family favorites are:
oven cooked ribs ala Keltin
pan-sauteed steak
wine/butter sauce
breaded pork chops ala Corrine
mornay sauce
Caprese salad (thanks IronChef)
tiramisu
fried rice
shrimp de Jonghe ala Chef June
dinner rolls ala Dave Hutchins
and so many other things I can't remember right now. But it's made a huge difference at my house and I thank all of you sincerely.
Terry

Having the opportunity to actually meet and spend time with kitchenelf, her family, and friends was my DC highlight of the year!

Another highlight for me has been getting to know more of you after sending the Welcome Letter.

:)Barbara

:)Not just the recipes,ideas,fix its and so on but the comoradie(sp?)and huge support from everyone even when there is a crisis whether its a family member,friend,pet, job etc or just to vent the power of positive thought and advice from so many on DC seems to really make a difference for those in need.And lets not forget the humor I dont know how many times I :LOL::LOL: from some of the things I read.I love our friends outside of the U.S as Ive learned so much from them.But last and certainly not least I love our admins and moderaters without them this place would not be as great as it is.Im also grateful they lined me out a couple of times quite diplomatically I must say and did not ban me when I crossed the line I feel they really know us quite well from all our posts.God bless them for all their hard work.

It's not so much an individual recipe, but,the individuals who post them..I've learned so much since I joined DC...Why I've even learned to enjoy baking and now am having fun sharing what I bake with the people at my dialysis center..I've happily become the resident baker:LOL: I've been here a long time now and still look forward to anything IronChef posts, still use kitchenelfs recipe for chicken piccata,enjoy recipes that Verablue posts, love all of Amy's wonderful ideas, I suppose it all boils down to sharing, I've gotten so much from so many of you it's impossible to name everyone...Just know, i'm grateful and appreciate all your help.
kades

The recipes are often times star quality.
The advice is awesome.
The people I've gotten in contact with is inspiring.
The memories that have come my way, via DC, the friendships made, priceless.

DC has been great, I have enjoyed reading the recipes and experimenting a little. Trying to help others is also great and playing the games stretches my brain!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have plenty (too many to list) but the most Practical was from JKath who sent me a parcel with an ESSENTIAL ingredient in it (as much as salt and pepper is).
that`s the one that Really sticks out in my mind this year.
that and the Karma people have sent me during this time also, i`m really pleased it Has helped a few of you or did find something funny :)

Back
Top Bottom