Hmmm.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hoot

Executive Chef
Moderator Emeritus
Well that was interestin'! Saturday afternoon I was working on my last assignment for the summer session. Went to submit it, and I had no internet service. Come to find out, a crew of contractors laying a new communication cable for the State clipped my phone line. Bein' Saturday, I could not get ahold of anyone for a repair. Put in a ticket and the guy came out this mornin' and put a temporary line as the junction for the drop is across the road. Hopefully it will hold out until a permanent fix can be put in place, likely next week.
So...What'd I miss?

Last edited:
Well that was interestin'! Saturday afternoon I was working on my last assignment for the summer session. Went to submit it, and I had no internet service. Come to find out, a crew of contractors laying a new communication cable for the State clipped my phone line. Bein' Saturday, I could not get ahold of anyone for a repair. Put in a ticket and the guy came out this mornin' and put a temporary line as the junction for the drop is across the road. Hopefully it will hold out until a permanent fix can be put in place, likely next week.
So...What'd I miss?

I have a friend in NC and her phone line was cracked open during some construction. The phone company assured her they would be out to fix it quickly, 4 months ago. It's still not fixed.

What you missed?
DC had an earthquake measuring 6.7 on the Richter scale. Six cakes toppled, forty-two sauces were spilled, and fifteen salads were double tossed. The earthquake broke gas lines and fires were started where thirty-two steaks and fifty-five hamburgers were burned beyond recognition. T'was a terrible tragedy.

Blissful, that sounds mighty serious! I am thankful no one was injured by the falling cakes, or drowned by the spilt sauces, and that serious burns were avoided all around. :LOL:
Taxlady, I am fairly confident they will get it squared away soon.
Thanks!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom