"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-03-2006, 09:22 PM   #11
Executive Chef

Ok!Dove
These are my first ones from two years ago I have now expanded and work with swarovsky crystal,hand made lampwork beads and so forth I am also learning wire work and make a few more complicated things like wiring beads to make earings and such.I sell alot at the ranch gift shop.Although I must be clear at this point its all just an expensive hobby.

Old 03-03-2006, 09:32 PM   #12
Executive Chef

Oh LORD!iI thought I would never get this pic up I kept putting up my silly rug.I am still trying to figure out all this stuff.

Old 03-03-2006, 09:33 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
but... you're not creative? Oh JPM... you are! I really like the top necklace.. the one with the big square green bead in the middle.
Old 03-03-2006, 09:39 PM   #14
Executive Chef

Show some of your stuff Grumble.
You are so right it is really relaxing I kinda zone out when Im making stuff.
It's all just good fun!
Old 03-03-2006, 09:50 PM   #15
Executive Chef

Oh dear Pds!Im really not! But I try, I have more fun learning about the different stones,minerals and such, that pendant is a stone called Gaspeite that necklace is long gone.
When I look at magazines and such and see what other people create Im envious Im still trying to break out as to say with staying in the box.
But you know it's all a learning process.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:11 PM   #16
Executive Chef

Send a message via AIM to Piccolina Send a message via MSN to Piccolina Send a message via Yahoo to Piccolina
I've been into cross stitching since childhood, but honestly haven't done much in the last year. Before I moved to Ireland though I made a large one for my mom that was an ode of sorts to how thankful I was to be her daughter and to have her as my mom.

I've always loved creative stuff. I gather stickers, beads, buttons, fabric scraps, coloured papers, gel pens, markers, neat stationary, etc when I can and use it in gifts and when I write snail mail. (One day I vow to properly start scrap booking!)

I also love to write and take pics (though the photographic talent in the house goes to DH, hands down), and as it's a craft in it's own right I'd say cooking certainly comes out very high on my favourite craft list

"The most indispensable ingredient of all good home cooking: love, for those you are cooking for" ~ Sophia Loren
Piccolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 11:52 PM   #17
Contest Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmcgrew
Show some of your stuff Grumble.
You are so right it is really relaxing I kinda zone out when Im making stuff.
It's all just good fun!
I need to get some batteries for my digital camera... its dead right now. But I'll post some pics of some of my crafts as soon as I can.

My most recent projects have been little knitted bunnies. I use this pattern because I think it's so cute and it's fairly simple. I've made one for my neice and the others I made I've given to the kids I work with. (I work part time in a kindergarten w/ special needs children)

I'd love to learn glass art... like stained glass and such. It seems like it would be so much more complicated then what I usually do, but it would sure be neat to try!
Old 03-04-2006, 12:21 AM   #18
Head Chef

I had a business in which I made traditional and custom Native American beadwork. Did so much of it that I only do it for family now. I also crochet, quilt, embroidery and do counted cross stitch. If I'm not cooking, you can find me sewing!
Old 03-04-2006, 12:45 AM   #19
Executive Chef

Right now my only hobby is modern dance. I read when I can and used to write a lot but haven't since I had kids. I'd love to learn how to knit. My mom grew up in Scotland, where they were taught how to knit as a requirement in school. She knits so beautifully, she knitted both my boys a baby blanket and a couple sweaters. Right now she's knitting a shawl from a pattern that is over 100 years old. I could really see myself enjoying it and will take a class when the kids are a bit older. I need to become a pro by the time my kids have their own kids.
Old 03-04-2006, 02:24 AM   #20
Sous Chef

I'm into Crochet and Knitting, Gardening, Genealogy and Computer Programming. Wierd combo huh?

~ Raven ~

A great nation is not built in a lifetime, but in the lifetimes of many. - Support our troops.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote