Hockey Game/House Giveaway--Bad News

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
omg!!!!!

darn, how do you make this maidrite red?

barabara, james, that's fantastic!!!!!

sometimes, the good guys win.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again everyone! I am looking forward with both dread and anticipation to going up to sign the papers this week. I don't know yet what day it will be.
So, you gonna move from SC up to NC?
And I gotta ask, what's the tax nut on a $340,000 house???

Congrats! Being in Raleigh, it's kinda neat that someone on a
forum I hang out in won the house!
We are kind of just going whatever way God points us (which is how we have gotten this far). We will be fine with living in it or selling it. You live in Raleigh? You don't happen to know anyone who is looking for someone in CAD do you? :cool: I know there is an elementary school pretty much within walking distance of the house, so that would probably be the first place for me to apply.

According to an article I found today, the property tax is expected to be about $3,200. A lawyer told us today that the income tax could possibly be as much as 40% (but my dad said they should defer some of that and let us spread it out a little--I don't know anything about those things). My dad's last piece of advice was to read everything carefully because, "What the large print giveth, the small print taketh away!"

:)Barbara

I can't congratulate you guys enough. I'm so thrilled for you both !!!
Couldn't happen to a nicer couple. Truly incredible !

Thanks! I'm still waiting to hear when we will meet to go over the paperwork. It's supposed to be sometime this week. I'll try to remember to bring my camera and take more pictures.

THAT ROCKS BARB!!!!!! Congrats! Soooo.....do tell about the kitchen???? any cool goodies? I see a sweet island there....
The kitchen is fantastic! Loaded with stainless steel appliances, including built in dishwasher, huge refrigerator, oven, and either a microwave or smaller oven (I didn't have time to investigate). The cooktop is on the island. The island extends opposite the cooktop, to make a bar, so people can sit and talk to you while you cook, and they can eat there too, of course. Above the refrigerator are special shelves for wine. There is so much storage that it boggles my mind! Oh yeah, it also has a vaulted ceiling (a few rooms do). The kitchen/breakfast area open out onto a huge back yard deck.

Last edited:
No way! That is incredible, congratulations. What a beautiful kitchen. You must be thrilled! Do you need someone to pinch you? Amazing ... no words ... the thought of winning a H.O.U.S.E.!!!

Hey Barb, I went back to find this thread.... what an amazing thing to have happen. I never WIN ANYTHING! I'm so glad for you, but at the same time, I understand the hardships it can bring.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom